chapter 24*

(This is chapter 27 on ao3) (This chapter on ao3 contains pictures which I don't know how to put here)

Bucky is scared.

 It's only morning time right now, but he has a doctor's appointment later after his nap. Daddy told him so.

 He doesn't want to go to the doctor. Daddy and Sammy said they checked the guy out and did a background check and made sure he's not HYDRA, but Bucky is still scared.

 "Come on sweetheart, you've gotta eat something." Daddy says.

 Its breakfast time and Bucky doesn't want to eat his pancakes and bacon.

 "No!" Bucky says. Maybe if he's naughty he won't go to the doctor. 

 "Are you sick? Maybe we should go to the doctor early." Sammy says.

 Bucky eats his breakfast. 

 After breakfast he's watching TV when Tony comes in.

 "Hey buddy." Tony says, ruffling Bucky's hair. "What's up?"

 "Don' wanna go to the doctor." Bucky pouts.

 "You don't? But the doctor is good!"

 "No." Says Bucky. 

 "Can I see your bear?" Tony asks. Bucky reluctantly hands him Mr.Bear.

 Tony holds him up to his ear, saying "mhmm, okay, yeah, mhmm." For a minute. 

 "He says he's very sick and needs to go to the doctor with you." Tony says.

 "He didn't say that!" Bucky says.

 "He did! He's scared of the doctor too, which is why he wants to go with you." Says Tony. 

 Tony hold up the bear and says in a funny voice, "Bucky, please take me to the doctor! I'm so sick, I don't feel good at all! I think I'm dying! I'm scared, Bucky! I don't want to die! Please take me to the doctor!"

 Bucky bursts into tears. He doesn't want Mr. Bear to die either.

 Daddy comes in and snatches the bear from Tony. "You're not funny. Don't scare him." He says. He hands Bucky the bear and Bucky holds him real close and cries.

 "I wasn't trying to be funny!" Tony says.

 "Out!" Says daddy, pointing to the door.

 "Fine, but I was already leaving, not because you told me to." Says Tony as he leaves. 

 Daddy sits on the couch and pulls Bucky into his lap.

 "It's alright, Bucky. Tony was just kidding. Mr. Bear is fine."

 "He's dying!" Bucky sobs.

 "He's not dying. He's okay. And so are you. It's just a check up, and the doctor will confirm that you're both okay." Says daddy.

 "Make him better!" Bucky cries.

 Daddy sighs, and rubs Bucky's back.