Chapter 15 || Kiss

Both of them jerked away hearing the voice

Both of them jerked away hearing the voice. Ruthira stood up from Rudra's lap and looked at the person for a second before looking down.

She was ashamed to be caught in an intimate position. She looked at Rudra who was just staring at the person with his mouth wide open.

"How could you do this", the person whisper yelled. "Her family trusted us and sent her over. What are the both of you doing? How am I answerable to her parents"?

"Ma", Ruthira started. "I am talking to my son, Aaruthira! Stay out of this", Maitra shouted. Ruthira began crying in shame hearing her shout.

"Ma, you don't have to be harsh. We are both adults and we know what we are doing", Rudra said walking up to Ruthira. "And can you clearly explain what you were doing"?

"We were kissing, Ma", Rudra snapped. Ruthira gasped lightly at his bluntness.

"Was it good, Aaru"? "Huh", Ruthira questioned. "Arrey the kiss? Was it good?". Ruthira stared at Maitra to see if she was joking.

"I'm not talking to the wall", Maitra said with a straight face. "Yes Ma, it was good", Rudra replied. "I didn't know you changed your name from Rudroneel to Aaruthira", Maitra taunted.

"You know what, let me just call her parents. Let them know what their daughter and my son were doing", Maitra said, walking towards the door.

They looked up in shock and tried to stop her. "Ma, please, we love each other", Rudra spilled the secret.

Maitra turned and looked at the both of them. "Is it true", she turned her gaze to Ruthira who timidly nodded. Maitra gestured her to come forward.

Ruthira looked at Rudra while walking to her. She was expecting to hear an earful but was taken aback when Maitra engulfed her in a tight hug. Rudra was shocked as well.

"Oh god! I'm so happy for you both. Yesterday when Sheela Di said about introducing Mohit to her, I felt uneasy. Infact Shaswat and I wanted to ask you both if you were interested in marrying each other. Now you just made my job easier", Maitra spoke, jumping like a kid.

"So all this anger was fake", Rudra asked, slightly pissed as she was partly the reason why Ruthira was crying. "No, I'm really angry. Both of you think, if it were Mohan ji or Brinda ji that saw it, do you think they will be happy?

They will be disappointed, beta. Not just by the both of you but by Shaswat and I. They trusted us and let her stay over not to see this", Maitra said

Both of them were guilty after hearing Maitra. "I'm not saying loving each other is wrong. I'm happy for you both. However she is our responsibility now, if her parents were to see this what am I supposed to say", she added. "I understand, Ma", Ruthira said and Rudra nodded.

"Another thing, Neel. I know you're 36 but always use protection, we don't want a new member now", Maitra said seriously.

Ruthira blushed as Rudra grumbled, "Ma please, we haven't reach that stage yet". "Why are you both so slow", she added shaking her head. Ruthira and him had their jaws drop upon hearing her.

"Are y'all planning to tell this soon or still need some time". "No Ma, Rudra and I had planned on telling it after Yeshna's wedding", Ruthira said. "Hmm. Okay then get ready soon, it's going to be 7. Veer will drop you on the way", Maitra added.

"No need. I am capable of dropping her", Rudra said displeased by the mention of Veer. "Arrey, he's a kid". "No Ma, I'm dropping her and that's final", Rudra decided. Maitra shook her head at Rudra's grumpiness and went out.

=====

"Bye, take care! Text me once you reach home". "How about sexting"? "RUDRA! Watch your mouth! We are in public", Ruthira shrieked.

Rudra pulled her closer by her waist and pecked her lips. She quickly pushed him, "NO PDA! Look at how Krishna uncle is looking".

"Arrey yaar! Jaane do! Now let me kiss you", Rudra leaned in. Ruthira pushed him and pointed her head towards Krishna. "Tsk", he sighed before pulling away from her. She lifted the seat to put the helmet back into the trunk.
(Let it be)

Rudra held her hand and stopped her, "That's yours". "What do you mean by that's yours", Ruthira asked. "I meant that I got this helmet specifically for you", Rudra said looking deep into her eyes. He smiled at her and she reciprocated it back.

Ruthira observed the helmet he got for her. It was a black one with slight gold touches. She saw the side had a few letters inscripted. Rudhira♾. She caressed the word before looking up at Rudra.

He understood what her look meant. She wanted to know what was the meaning behind the word. "It's R U D from Rudra and H I R A from Ruthira together with an infinity symbol. We will be together for infinity".

Ruthira gave a radiant kiss to Rudra near his cheeks. She hugged him tightly, "I feel so blessed to have you in my life". "You should be", Rudra spat. She pulled out from the hug and glared at him. Both of them looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"Bye", Ruthira whispered in his ears before walking towards the back gate. Rudra nodded and waited till she entered the more populated area. Just as he was about to leave, Krishna stopped him.

"Just so you know her elder brother is very strict". Rudra smiled at him before starting his bike.

=====

"I'm sorry. Yeshna? YESHNA...".

"Hmph", Yeshna let out a sigh. "Sorry, I promise from now on I'll tell you everything first", Ruthira bargained. Yeshna gave her a stink eye before calling the waiter to order.

"1 large Cheese Pizza, 1 large BBQ Chicken Pizza, large Alfredo Pasta, Cheddar Sticks, Fries..." "Yeshu, that's too much food for the two of us", Ruthira said, only to shut up with her glare.

"And also add the Spicy Chicken Bites", Yeshna said, staring at Ruthira who was wondering what was going on with her brain. After a few minutes, the waiter gave them their receipt to pay.

"Card", Yeshna demanded. "Huh"? "Give me your card. You are going to pay for this. That's what you get for keeping things from me", Yeshna said. "But your brother was in it too. Why am I the only one being punished"?

"I made Bhai buy me three pairs of jeans". Ruthira gave up and gave her card to Yeshna. After paying, she came back to see Ruthira on the phone with someone.

Yeshna waited for her to end the call before speaking. "Though I am angry, I'm so happy for you and Bhai. Even Abhi is. So we are going to celebrate this happy news. I told them it is a takeaway, so now we are going to the beach for a picnic".

"What", Ruththira questioned. Just then the waiter placed the packets of food infront of them. Yeshna grabbed a bag and passed the other on to a grumpy Ruthira who wanted to go home after work.

"Can we just go to my house instead", Ruthira asked. "Sure", Yeshna replied making her instantly happy. "Just tell your family to be ready to welcome their Son-in-Law".

"He is coming", Ruthira looked with questions in her eyes. "Yes. And I can't be third-wheeling so Abhi is coming as well, making it a double date".

Though she was tired, the thought of meeting Rudra made her energised. Yeshna was smirking at Ruthira, "it's okay let's cancel it. You mus-". Before Yeshna could complete it, she was cut off by Ruthira,

"NO! We must go".

Do vote, comment and share 🤞🏾

❤️,
DD