Chapter 34 || Addition

"Oh, this is Aaruthira, my fiancée and Ruthira this is Mr Anand, our principal and Dr Anand, our professor ", Rudra introduced them

"Oh, this is Aaruthira, my fiancée and Ruthira this is Mr Anand, our principal and Dr Anand, our professor ", Rudra introduced them. "Hello", Ruthira shook hands with them.

"Oh, so you are the pretty girl that stole our Neel's heart", Mr Anand teased. Ruthira shyly tucked a strand of hair behind her ears.

"You are the journalist who got kidnapped right", Dr Anand scrutinised her. "Erm ya", Ruthira replied, slightly uncomfortable.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable", she side hugged Ruthira. "No Dr Anand, it's not a problem. Many do recognise me as that only", Ruthira joked, making them chuckle.

"It's almost 1, come let's have lunch together", Dr Anand suggested.

"Sure honey ", Mr Anand wrapped his arms around her shoulder. "You both are married"? "Yes, dear. You call me Dr Anand, yet you don't know", she laughed. "Well, I kinda guessed it but didn't want to assume", Ruthira laughed. "Come, let's go", she walked.

"The three of y'all go ahead, I have a class for an hour and then I'll join y'all", Rudra said. "It's not an issue, Neel. You handle your class, we will wait for you in the lounge room. We can get to know Aaruthira in this one hour", Mr Anand chuckled.

Rudra nodded and proceeded to his class while the other three went to the lounge room after collecting Ruthira's bag from the class.

=====

"Are the both of you close to Rudra", Ruthira asked them once they settled down. "Rudra"? "I mean Rudroneel".

"Oh Neel! When that boy joined this college, I was already teaching here. He was an intern under me first. I used to be very impressed by his determination and creative teaching style. He's such a respectful boy". Ruthira had a proud smile hearing Dr Anand.

"And that's when I found out that he's my college friend, Shaswat's son and instantly he became our son. We have no kids of our own, but after we met him, we've never felt the void of it anymore. In working hours we have to be professional but after that we are very casual", Mr Anand continued.

"Oh I see", Ruthira nodded her head. "But, why didn't I see y'all during Yeshna's wedding"?

"During Yeshna's wedding period, a relative of Asha passed away, so we were out of town. Our cousins annully have New Year parties, so we had to skip the one held by Shaswat and Maitra", Mr Anand explained.

"Oh, it now makes sense", Ruthira chuckled. "So tell us about yourself", he asked. "I am from Chennai but moved to here, Delhi when I was 5. And I've been here since then". "So you're Tamil? Asha's half Tamil", Mr Anand said. "That's nice", Ruthira smiled.

"What about your family"? "My dad's a Maths lecturer at a university and my mom's a Carnatic music teacher. I have an elder brother who's a HR Manager, married to a Chemistry professor who works in the same university as my dad. A younger brother who runs his own dance studio. Lastly, my four year old nephew".

"This girl just told us her biography". "Stop teasing her, Hritik", Asha slapped his arm. "Your family is filled with teachers", she remarked. "Yes, and Rudra will be another addition", Ruthira said. All three of them laughed.

=====

"Sir, are you angry", Riaan asked as he was packing his bag. "No, why would I be angry", Rudra was confused . "Uh ma'am didn't tell you", Madesh scratched his head. "Who"?

"Sir, we kind of met your fiancée". Rudra's eyes widened hearing Advit. "And we were teasing her". He was now annoyed. Not because his fiancée was teased but because ragging was strictly prohibited.

"We are sorry sir, please tell her to not give the recording to anyone", Madesh begged. "Despite being aware that the college is strictly against ragging, you still do that", Rudra rubbed his forehead.

"Sir, sorry, sir! Please help us". "Sorry Riaan, I can't stop her if she complains against y'all".

"No one is complaining against anyone". All turned to see Ruthira walking in. "I just want y'all to not rag anyone again. It's not a nice thing to do and most of all it's a serious issue. Don't do that again".

"Yes, ma'am, sorry. We promise to not do it again, ma'am". "I'm not your ma'am, so don't call me that".

"Okay Didi", Madesh smiled. "Okay Didi", Kiaan and Advit mimicked. "Do y'all want me to complain"? "No Didi, we are going". Upon reaching the entrance, Kiaan turned back, "the recording"?

"There's no recording, I was just scaring you", Ruthira chuckled. Kiaan was mesmerised by her laughter, "Didi, if you don't mind can I have your number"?

Ruthira raised an eyebrow while Rudra glared at him. "Get out at this instance, Kiaan", he growled. "Just kidding sir and Didi! Have fun", Kiaan ran out with his friends. "Come, they are calling you", she dragged Rudra to the lounge room.

=====

"Welcome! Please come in", Maitra invited her son's in-laws. "Happy Holi", everyone wished each other. "There are light refreshments in the backyard, please help yourself. I will join y'all after attending to some guests". "Sure, Maitra ji".

"Hello dear"! Ruthira turned back, "hello Asha aunty". They shared a brief hug. "Aunty, Uncle, this is my parents, brothers and sister-in-law", Ruthira introduced. "Namaste", they greet each other.

"Amma, Appa, this is Hritik Uncle and Asha Aunty, Pa's friends. Uncle's also the principal in Rudra's college and she is a professor there".

"Aaru is such a well mannered girl", Asha and Hritik sang a cloud of praises for Ruthira, making her parents proud. Ruthira saw Aran in jealousy and sticked out her tongue to him.

"Romba pannathey, okay", Aran rolled his eyes. Before Ruthira could say anything, Rudra came interrupting her.
(Don't do too much, okay)

"Namaste Amma, Namaste Appa", Rudra touched Brinda and Mohanraj's leg. They pulled him for a hug. "Asha, are you seeing? Someone who doesn't even come for such celebrations is suddenly here", Hritik teased Rudra.

"Of course uncle, from now on I will have to. There's a special someone", Rudra side hugged Ruthira.

Everyone smiled looking at them and even Adhi had a small smile. "Aaru beta, come here for a minute", Maitra called her. Ruthira excused herself and went to meet Maitra.

=====

"Here", Maitra passed Ruthira a box. "What is it"? Maitra opened the box and showed the contents of it. "I can't-". "No, Aaru! You have to accept this. It's a shagun".
(Gift)

"But you already gave me one during the engagement", Ruthira said, closing the box. "So? Can't I give my daughter gold anklets", Maitra put on a long face.

"Okay thank you. It's very beautiful", Ruthira accepted the anklets. "Great", Maitra hugged her tightly. "By the way don't tell Yeshna, she'll get mad". Both of them laughed and went down. Everyone had started with the celebration.

"No! I will only let my lady love colour me first", Shaswat ran away from Yeshna who was running after him. "Maitra, come here", Shaswat dragged her to the pile of colours.

"Happy Holi, love", he picked up the red powder and smeared it on her cheeks. "Happy Holi", Maitra wished him back and rubbed her coloured hands on his cheeks.

"OOOOOO", the guests cheered, watching the lovey dovey moments of them. Maitra blushed looking down while Shaswat grinned.

"Papa, let's give some attention to the newly engaged couple", Yeshna shouted. "Oh yes, Neel and Aaru come on", Shaswat called them. Brinda looked around and frowned,

"Wait, where are they"?

Do vote, comment and share 🤞🏾

❤️,
DD