the lakehouse.14

Alexis pov:

"Why did you have to bring the damn dog!" Scott groaned at Prada's little yelps. "Because i wanted too!" Lydia argued hitting his head like a child. If anyone was with us they'd think Me and Stiles were parents to two bickering siblings. It sure felt like it. "How much longer do we even have," I leaned in towards Stiles asking him. "Just 10 minutes, thank god. I don't think I'd last any longer," he exhaled deeply as I agreed. "You should get those separator screen things, y'know the ones they have in limo's and cabs. So we don't have to deal with them-" I told him as he chuckled under his breath. "Might be a worthwhile investment," Stiles shrugged as I crooked a finger at him. "Told you!" "I swear Lydia if that dog barks one more time," I heard Scott snap and I slouched back in my seat, dear god.

When we got to the lake house i was shocked to see someone standing at the front door. Adult,male. We were to far away for us to recognise him, he clearly knew where he was though. I walked up to the guy ahead of the others who were getting Lydia's stuff, I halted in my tracks almost immediately. "Why are you here," I stated not minding my impolite tone. "Alexis...I just want to talk," he paused. "In private," he added I looked over my shoulder to see my friends standing behind me all staring at my father intensively. "I have nothing to say to you," I explained truthfully crossing my arms over my chest. "At least hear me out," he said sternly, I could tell he was getting frustrated. 

Before he began I heard the others walk towards us. "See you inside Lexie," Lydia told me giving me a comforting smile, Scott squeezed my shoulder reassuring me before following Lydia in. Stubborn Stiles did not move. "Mr Davis, nice to see you..." he said but the expression on his face was far from nice. I've seen how Stiles acts around Scotts dad, whom he hates. Not ready to see this interaction. "Stiles, you look a lot older than the last time I saw you," my dad joked. Last time he saw Stiles he was 4. Surprised he recognised him. Stiles' face only stiffened at the forced laughter. He stepped towards my dad, they were centimetres apart. "If you hurt her? You'll be leaving this place in an ambulance,"  he warned him in a low voice. It probably sounds absurd, a teenage boy threatening an adult. But Stiles most definitely could win against my dad, plus with Scott around...he had no chance. Not to mention Stiles is taller than my dad- short genes. My father swallowed before awkwardly laughing, "You got it," he remarked to Stiles jokingly. Stiles raised his eyebrows at me worriedly as if to say 'you okay?'. "Ill be fine, I can look after myself," I told him as he nodded and walked in the house leaving me alone with him. Stiles was the most protective person I knew, but he knew his limits with me (most the time) .I respected him a lot for that.

I stared at my father waiting for him to speak but it looked like it wasn't going to so I took the upper hand. "how'd you know I was here," I asked. "Your mom. She was very mad, had to basically force it out of her," he chuckled as I scoffed. Great he ruined my moms day. "What do you want," I snapped and I noticed him inhale deeply at my tone. "It's about my son," he began. Half brother drama! "Max, he's sick." He told me. Wait so now I have a dying half brother I've never even met. "What is it," I asked. I was worried about the kid. "It's mental issues. He has an illness, schizophrenia," he whispered like it was an embarrassing fact. Mental illness sure does run in the family huh."I'm going to admit him to Eichen. I know you've been around there, I wanted you to know if it was a good place," he asked me. He came for advice for his son...at least the motive is pure. I think. "It really helped my mom...just make sure they don't keep him in that weird section with the glass cages," I explained to him. "Thank you Alexis. And now, don't tell anyone about this...we have told everyone he's going to boarding school." He told me. It baffled me how ashamed he sounded of his son. If anything he should be proud of his son, I'm sure it's far from easy to deal with Schizophrenia. But that's my dad...typical. "Bye Dad." I told him turning around. "It was nice seeing you Alexis," I heard him call out behind me. "Bullshit." I muttered under my breath, lucky for me i don't think he heard. If he had he'd be full on yelling at me. I opened the door as I heard his car leave and stepped inside.