road trip.27

Alexis pov:

I was sat on the McCall's sofa when I heard someone walk through the front door. Stiles was outside fixing the jeep so i assumed it was him, when i saw Liam I stood up instantly. Scott wont be happy. They haven't really talked since- well, since Liam tried to kill Scott. I walked over to him and gave him an awkward smile. Me and Liam have always been close, but Scott is my bestfriend and after what happened- I don't know where to stand. "Wait Lexie." He hovered as I stood in place. "Are we- okay?" He asked timidly. "Yeah Liam. We are." I reassured him, I know that's true because at some point we will be. He gave me a stiff nod before i walked outside to let him and Scott talk. 

When i got outside Stiles' was at the hood of his jeep looking as frustrated as usual. "Liam. Scott. Talking." I told him. "Lex, talk, properly!" He called back sarcastically as I rolled my eyes. I walked over to where he was stood, leaning over the jeep. "So we're going to get Kira back today?" I checked leaning my back against the jeep lazily. "That's the plan," as Stiles spoke  I noticed Scott approaching us. 

"So, what did he want?" Stiles asked. "To help." Scott shrugged. "You gonna let him?" I asked as I passed Stiles the wrench. "Eventually, i guess..." "okay, but shouldn't he be a little higher on your priority list right now? I mean, since he's the only other actual werewolf? Your only actually beta?" Stiles asked pausing to look at Scott as he sighed nervously. "You didn't see the way he came at me. You didn't see the look in his eyes." 

"Well, I've been with you on a full moon, so we've seen that look." Stiles shrugged also pointing his head at me as i nodded. "You want the band back together, Scott? You don't leave out the drummer." Stiles explained. "Woah wait. In this band- what am i?" I chirped interestedly. "The sexy background dancer." Stiles nodded seriously as I frowned. "Lead guitarist for sure." Scott nudged me as I grinned and Stiles rolled his eyes. "C'mon." Stiles added as he hopped in the drivers seat. Me and Scott instantly ran towards the passenger seat. I quickly lunged for shotgun as Scott groaned and sulkily went to the backseat. Stiles turned the ignition and slashed his fists up in satisfaction. "Success! Yes!" I turned around to see Scott sitting next to at least six large bottles of oil in the backseat and i gave Stiles a look. "It's a minor leak." He explained. "Very minor he added starting the jeep as we began the trip. 

"Man, i think the jeep's overheating again." Scott piped up. Stiles sighed in annoyance but judging by his shrug he agreed. "Probably." I eyed the temperature gauge which was increasing. "Should we pull over and put more antifreeze in it?" I asked. "No, we can just turn the heat on." Stiles told me. As we drove on Stiles broke the silence. "You find anything yet?" "It's mostly the same stuff you already knew." Scott explained whilst reading. "Damnatio memoriae was later used on a serial killer in the 1598 known as the Demon Tailor. He lured children into his shop in Paris, where he would kill them and boil the flesh of their bones to eat. The courts believed the crimes so horrible, they ordered all documents destroyed. To this day, no one knows his real name."  I looked ahead at the road hiding my horror of what he had read out. "So, the Dread Doctors resurrected a killed who was so bad that he had to literally be erased from history?" Stiles asked. "A killer that became a werewolf." Scott explained. "Which probably made him an even better killer, lovely." I sighed as Stiles accelerated clearly in more of a hurry now.  

As we drove on the conversations deferred from biology homework to the thrilling discussion of Stiles' ex girlfriend. I sat there uncomfortably as they discussed the breakup. "You still not talking to Malia?" Scott asked. Stiles sighed and glanced over at me before replying. "Uh, she's not talking to me- or anyone i guess." "I think I know why, she found her mother." Scott explained. "Her mother- as in the desert wolf?" I raised my brows. "Yeah." "I knew she was still looking. She erased her name off my board, but i just...i knew she hadn't stopped." Stiles muttered.  "When i was at her house. I'm also...pretty sure Braeden was there too." "Braeden? Did you catch her scent?" I asked shocked. "Actually, it was her motorcycle. I smelled her exhaust." Scott told us. "What the hell, do you think they're gonna do?" Stiles sighed. "Something that Malia doesn't want to tell us about so...probably something bad." Scott explained as i nodded. I noticed Stiles eyes widen. "Oh my god! You already know. Don't you? It's like...the chemosignals, right?" He gaped. "Aggression." Scott mumbled. "How much?" I asked. "I think she's going to kill her. She's going to kill her mother." Just as Scott confessed the engine began to sputter. "What's happening?" stiles frowned but then spoke up. "Umm...yeah, we're out of gas. It's out of gas." "It says we have half a tank..." I furrowed my brows. "Yeah, not necessarily." He shrugged as Scott made a face. "You didn't fix the gas gauge did you?" I sighed unimpressed. "Not necessarily..." stiles mumbled as he pulled over at the side of the road.