A box of poisonous snakes.

Follow your shoes.

Follow your shoes.

Follow your shoes.

Tap
Tap
Tap
Tap

"Leona!"

"GAH!"

Leo looked around in a daze. She was steps away from tumbling down to her death. Who in the right mind would make moving stairs in a school full of magical kids? Hogwarts really did have a twisted sense of humour.

"Are you alright?" Tayden, who was still holding her hand to keep her from falling to her death, asked with concern written all over her face.

Leo waved her hand dismissively, "I'm fine. I have died before. There's nothing to worry about."

"What?" Tayden asked while letting go of her hand.

"What?" Leo asked back dumbly, avoiding the boy's questioning gaze.

Tayden shook his head while laughing quietly. Leo stood in front of the stairs awkwardly. She wasn't sure if the boy was there just to save her Fromm falling or he wanted to ask something. Leo didn't even want to ask about it. Ever since she woke up inside the infirmary, she felt quite lost.

She couldn't remember a single thing she did in the past week or so. Random people approached her throughout the day and asked her if she was still up for the plans they had made. She had already escaped three times through the windows and even had to climb a tree to avoid conversations with complete strangers.

Just yesterday a kid had approached her from nowhere and asked for the box of poisonous snakes that she had borrowed. Leo could only give him a horrified look and run away.

Whoever had taken over her body had some serious social skills.

"I assume that you are free at the moment as the classes are over," Tayden guessed.

Leo nodded her head hesitantly.

Tayden shot her one of his blinding smiles which made his eyes turn into two crescents, "Good. Shall we go now? Everyone is waiting for you at the treehouse."

Everyone sounded like a whole lot of people to Leo. She was not ready or nor she was willing to meet those people. Although, she was glad that she still remembered the little club that Taeyden had formed before the winter breaks. Despite her confused state, she knew she had to address those students who were looking forward to meeting her.

Leo almost had the urge to jump down to her death again. Who was everyone and why on earth were they waiting for her? Did she unconsciously start a cult because that would be absolutely terrifying?

However, she silently followed Tayden as the boy calmly lead her towards the back of the school. The walk was silent for a while but Tayden decided to spark up some conversation.

"You seem a bit lost, Leona. Is everything alright?"

Leo glanced at Tayden shortly before averting her gaze. She didn't know how to answer him. Would he even believe her if she would explain what had happened? What was she supposed to say anyway?

Hey, Tayden, I was supposedly possessed by some evil spirit for the past week or so that I have been here and have no memory of those few days. So, if I had promised to share that last bar of chocolate with you, I have already eaten it.

Instead of voicing her thoughts, she only shrugged, "Well, you know. We all have those days."

Tayden nodded and let the topic slide. They reached the huge treehouse that was perfectly camouflaged behind the thick snow and dried tree branches. Leo still remembered it as it was. She could hear the students conversing among themselves in hushed voices from where she stood. The smell of freshly baked cake and warm tea wafted in her nose and all of a sudden she couldn't wait to climb the ladder that lead to the treehouse.