I Am the Rich Man

Hogsmeade was a place where Leo had bad experiences that she would not want to go through again. It was a place where everything started to go down, ever since the people from Alliance were after her.

Therefore, after their last encounter, Leo was a bit hesitant about tagging along with Tom for another shopping spree.

Not like she was given a choice to deny.

Tom wanted her to tag along and she just had to follow. There were no 'buts' in between.

"Stop making that face. I can see the funny faces that you are making behind my back," Tom said, still facing forward.

Leo's demeanour slumped.

They were walking down the brick road that lead to Hogsmeade. There was no snow piled around like the last time they had visited. Instead, the roadside was filled with green grass. A few occasional huts appeared along with their steps.

The weather was clear and breezy. Although, it was still quite cold.

Despite the pleasant weather, Leo felt anxious. She had this nagging feeling at the back of her head that something was going to happen. Maybe because she didn't like Hogsmeade any longer. She won't be able to handle another shock about her past life any time soon.

"Well, I don't see why you need a tuxedo now. You look good wearing anything!" Leo whined, "or wearing nothing at all."

Leo mumbled out the last part hoping Tom won't hear her. But the way he shot her a concerned look, she knew that he had heard everything. Leo offered him a sheepish smile before avoiding his gaze completely.

"I have grown out of the previous suit I had," Tom reasoned, "besides, you need a dress as well. I cannot have you wear my old t-shirt and some trousers to Slughorn's party."

"Right," Leo sighed, having nothing else to say.

They arrived at a decent-looking tailor's shop. Tom held the door for Leo to which she shot him a raised eyebrow. Nonetheless, she walked through. Tom followed behind her and finally smiled at an old man who was standing to welcome them in.

"Oh, welcome children! Do you not have anyone with you?" The old man searched behind them but was met with nothing but a cold breeze.

Before Tom could make up some lies and answer the man, Leo interrupted.

"We are orphans," she said with the most deadpanned look on her face.

She could almost hear Tom's glare that was drilling the back of her skull.

The old man fumbled with his words looking between Leo and Tom, "o-oh I see. How can I help you today?"

"I was wondering if you could make me a suit," Leo said once again.

Tom pinched the bridge of his knows. The old man looked beyond flustered. He glanced at Tom for assistance but Tom looked like he was ready to just walk out.

"A suit for you, young lady?" The man asked again, just to make sure she was serious.

"Yes. For me as well as my friend right here," Leo pointed her thumb at Tom who tried his best to keep a straight face.

Leo had no plan for making a suit for herself. She did it out of spite.

Tom had dragged her out of her warm and cosy blanket just to stroll outside and interact with people. She had plans to terrorise children, maybe steal some food from the elves and venture into the forbidden forest. She had to annoy him at least. Or she won't be able to sleep at night.

She felt Tom's hand snaking around her arm. The old tailor fidgeted in his place, trying to shrink away from the stoic look that Leo was giving him.

Poor man. This might be the first and last time he would have a lady wanting a suit for herself.