📣Announcement!

"1...2...3...is the mic on?" the author asked, "can everyone hear me, from the back?"

Tom and Leo stared at their author in utter disappointment.

"Is she really pretending to talk to an audience?" Leo asked Tom.

"She is. Let us just pretend we do not know her," Tom mumbled while resting his face on his fist with a bored look.

The author looked at them with a frown, "You know I can hear everything you are saying, right?"

"We are well aware of that," Tom said without missing a beat.

The author just shook her head and took in a deep breath. She tapped on the mic and smiled at her wonderful readers who have been waiting for her to update for a very very long time.

"Hello everyone! This is your author along with her two main characters. We have gathered here for a very important announcement-"

"Oh just get on with it!" Leo exclaimed while aggressively munching on some cookies.

The author placed a hand on top of her heart, feeling offended.

"If you are so impatient, Leo, why don't you say it," the author raised an eyebrow.

Leo huffed in annoyance, "Very well."

She hopped on to the stage and pushed away the author with confidence, "Readers, what our author wants to say is that this book will remain on hold for 1 month. During this time, she will write chapters and edit them. Once her university will open again, she will gradually post the chapters so that she can deal with her research papers and presentation without dying from stress."

The author fidgeted with her peanut plushie wondering how much her readers were disappointed on her. Since the last year, all she had been doing was giving excuses and updating very late. Her readers were as supportive as ever and she didn't get any hate. She might be the luckiest writer ever but she was not being fair to her readers.

"You are quite right, you know?" Tom suddenly spoke from beside her making the author jump in surprise.

"You can make it up to them by writing better chapters in the future. There is no point in being sad about something you cannot change," Tom stated grimly.

"Yeah! Finish writing this book and give us our happy ending already!" Leo shouted from the stage.

"Fine fine. Just give me a month, you, Tom and the readers. I will be back with the rest of the story," the author finished with a very determined look on her face while Tom and Leo waved goodbyes from the background.