Must have been a deadly kiss

Weaklings.

Pathetic.

Ew. Was that even a human?

Oh, a cat!

Ugh, so weak.

Leo's school robe fluttered behind her like a pair of wings as she walked across the hallways of Hogwarts. Her steps were unusually graceful- like that of a proud cat. She gave side glances to whoever crossed her and judged them in silence.

She had found herself awake at the crack of dawn. Having nothing to do, she had decided to take a stroll.

Hogwarts had always fascinated her. There were many abandoned passages and unexplored rooms in the huge castle. She wanted to familiarise herself with the place as soon as possible for this place would be the start of a new age.

Leo was so lost while walking across different parts of the school, that she had failed to notice how long she had been wandering around. The hallways were filled with students hurrying for breakfast. Watching them smile and gossip amongst themselves left a bitter taste in her mouth.

She wondered how long until their faces would only be filled with the look of horror.

Leo had a malicious look on her face. Her pink lips were pulled back in a smirk and her usual wild hair was pulled into a high ponytail.

Anyone, who knew Leo would immediately notice the changes in her behaviour. She was not your everyday carefree Leo who ran after cookies and cheesecakes. She was the other Leo - the evil one.

Or, that was what Tom had called her. She liked the sound of it. It had a certain ring to it.

Each time her eyes met with a student, her smirk would turn upside down in disappointment. Such weak beings walked the halls of this so-called great school. No one was worthy enough to get her attention. Their weaknesses made them look nothing more than the base on which she would build her empire.

She closed her eyes and breathed in the fresh air. It still felt like yesterday when she had received her mother's power. She remembered the pain that ripped apart each cell of her body. She remembered the sheer power that was tearing her apart and uniting her at the same time. The pure ecstasy that she felt after being reborn was something that still brought a sickening smile to her lips.

She was handed a great responsibility. She had to carry out the legacy of her mother.

She was blessed with the memories of the past when her mother was feared by these weak mortals. When humans knew where they belonged, they knew what power was. She had to bring back that fear within their hearts. The weak must know their place.

She opened her eyes and glanced at her palms. It glowed a light shade of purple. The very sight made her grin.

Ancient magic coursed through her veins. She felt powerful, she felt invincible. Every second she had to fight the urge to blast some miserable students, just to release the magic that wanted to be free. But she held back. To feel strong, one must defeat the stronger. Only a fool would prey on the weak and call themselves strong.

Leo needed to have patience. She needed people on her side. She needed their trust. She needed to give them hope. The moment they would trust her enough to show their weaknesses, that is when she would strike.

She would play with their minds and manipulate them to work for her. Hogwarts would soon become the place for her minions.

But first, she would have to deal with her dual personality.

After receiving her mother's power, Leo changed. She was told to let go of her emotions because they would only be a burden. Leo did try. But getting rid of her old self was difficult. She had different ideals, she cared too much.