The Viallain's Story.

Chen opened his eyes in frustration, unable to fall asleep. He had been tossing and turning for hours. Despite feeling exhausted, he found that every time he attempted to close his eyes and surrender to sleep, his drowsiness vanished.

This was the story of every single night ever since he came to Hogwarts.

Perhaps he was afraid of seeing another nightmare. It was already too much with the voices inside his head constantly telling him to do things.

His room was unusually dark. There were three other empty beds surrounding his own. Sometimes, in the dark, the bed frames looked like tall statues looking down at him with eyes full of judgement.

He would then stare at the silhouettes, waiting for them to move. The more he stared into the dark, the more shadows would appear. Few of them spoke to him and a few just whispered among themselves in the corner. 

Chen would watch them, he would force his eyes to stay open even when they burned. He was afraid that as soon as he would shut his eyelids, the shadows would devour him and enjoy the sweet smell of his blood. 

Sometimes, he even imagined them chewing on his bones and licking bits of his brains from their wispy fingers. Thoughts like those prevented him from sleeping. But soon, his eyelids would grow tired and he would slowly lose the sense of reality until falling asleep into another world full of nightmares.

Tonight, there were no shadows, no voices. The sound of water dripping from the broken faucet was the only thing that reminded him that he was not stuck in another nightmare.

Unfortunately, the droplets of water hitting the floor constantly reminded him to stay awake. It was a painful reminder that he had to stay awake, or else he would drown in his own darkness. 

"Pursue the girl."

Chen's eyes widened in fear. He was sure he was wide awake. The voice that he had only heard in his dreams was speaking inside his head. 

"Do not forget your debt."

Chen sat up on his bed. He looked around with a crazed look, trying to widen his pupils so that he could see better in the dark. Chen's heart pounded in his chest as he clutched the covers tightly. 

The voice had been so clear, so real. He couldn't shake the feeling of dread that had washed over him. Was he losing his mind completely?

"You seek power. Power is what you will get."

The voice echoed through Chen's mind, sending shivers down his spine. He couldn't tell if he was dreaming or if it was real, but the fear it instilled in him was all too real. His heart raced and his breaths came in short gasps.

Suddenly, a burst of mad laughter erupted from his throat, but it was not the laughter of joy. It was a laughter of desperation and fear as if he was trying to convince himself that everything was alright. He clutched his head in his hands, his fingers digging into his scalp as he tried to suppress the laughter, but it only grew louder and more manic.

The pain of his fingers pulling at his hair brought tears to his eyes, but he couldn't stop. It was as if he was possessed by some unseen force, compelling him to laugh and feel a twisted sense of pleasure from the pain.

At that moment, Chen felt more alone than ever before. The darkness surrounding him felt suffocating, and the voice in his head seemed to be the only company he had. But even that company was twisted and malevolent, promising him power and revenge.

Cowering in fear, Chen hugged himself tightly, seeking comfort from the terrifying voice that had invaded his mind. The incessant sound of water droplets hitting the floor was like a steady drumbeat, driving him further into madness.