Back at it

**Gary's point of view**

I held her to my arms. She smelt of mud and vanilla. Her hair was silk smooth and longer now. Her body had alot more muscles, I could feel her bulk even outside the blanket. Still, she was pretty small. She looked beautiful asleep. She seemed to find warmth as she pressed her face onto my neck. I grinned. She must be asleep for sure. The Nicky I knew, would never. I could only wonder what training she went thru, she was not an easy one to tame. I had realized how favored she had been to me. Those few years ago then, she was skinny and wild. I could only look at her sadly with worry, lost in thought of my first year with her.
Wrapped in a blanket I could still feel she was damp and cold. Her face was pale. And for brown skins, that was not good. The helicopter was loud, and it was a bumpy ride. Goddammit last time I hire this pilot. I looked to the gaurds.

"HOW MUCH LONGER?" I had to yell for them to hear. Dumbasses forgot to give me my head set. They frowned at me. They couldn't hear. I pointed to my ears. One of them realized and quickly dug around until he found my headset. The other who was a medic held up 6 fingers. 6 hours until we reached one of the nearest "pet" hospitals. It looks just like a regular hospital. But once you go inside and see the rooms, you begin to realize the difference. The guard who was a medic checked her heart rate. He looked up at me with a worried look. The second guard put on my headset and turned it on.

"What the hell is happening to her?"

"Her heart rate is slow. Steady for now. But we should put her on an IV drip. The pain meds I have her on will bring alot of relief, but no support to recovery. Her body is dehydrated and weak. She may be sick as well."

"The scanner showed her out there only for a whole day, how can she be sick?" I snapped. I looked down at her. She was pale and sleeping soundly. Her face seemed a little bit older. But she still looked the same little Nicky I once knew. I held her tighter. Hang in their Nicky. I promise, I'll never leave you, again.

***Back to Nicoletta's point of view***

You ever wake up but not yet open your eyes, but can still sense your surroundings?

I couldn't open my eyes yet. I wasn't sure why. But I sure as hell was very aware of my surroundings. I was hearing a beep noise. Felt needle in my wrist. I had a hospital gown on. A warm heated blanket. My ears twitched. My nose twitched as it picked up smells. A hospital. Medicine smell, plus that alcohol and hand sanitizer smell was everywhere. I stopped taking in scents. All the smells of the hospital were too much-
Wait...there was another scent.... Cologne. Oh crap. Gary.

My heart beat monitor rose and got faster.

I froze. Shit...

I heard sitting up in a chair.

"Nicky?" Gary's voice called. I stayed frozen with my eyes still shut. My heart rate monitor beeped even faster.

"Heh," He chuckled sounding pleased to hearing the monitor. "Nicky?" He called to me again. The heart monitor picked up my heart rate and picked up my pulse getting faster once more. I heard his feet walk to the door. He opened it.

"Doc! Come on here look at this!" Gary called. I heard fast footsteps. "Watch this."

"Nicky?" He called. My monitor beeped faster once more. It slowed after a minute.

"That's amazing! She must be able to hear you. See if you can get her to move or even wake up?" He encouraged. What?! No, no, no! I want to be left alone- Gary's hand touched my arm. The hair on my arm began to rise. Ew get off me.

"Nicky..." He called. My heart rate monitor beeped faster. "If you can hear me, it's Gary.." Heart monitor kept beeping faster.

"You're safe now. It's ok to wake up. No one's gonna hurt you here. They'll have to get thru me first.." He waited. My heart monitor was going crazy. Safe? Ha! What a joke!