Another Day

I opened my eyes as I heard shuffeling noises across the hallway. It had been quite a few days now since anyone has spoken. I got to my feet and walked to my bars. It was the girl again. I could sense she was at her bars too. I felt comforted she was there.

"You ok?" I questioned. She was very quiet. She sniffed and spoke,

"Yeah...how do u make that growling noise?" She questioned. I looked down and frowned.

"I dunno, I have always been able to make that noise. Why?" I looked back to the empty darkness. She sighed,

"Because... I think they like you because of it. I've been waiting to get bought for near a whole month now..." She trailed off. I frowned. She wanted to get bought? The hell is wrong with her?

"Oh?" I growled. She sighed.

"I just want to be loved." She said sadly. I frowned again.

"HEy!" A nother females voice but much snappier called. "Lil if you don't shut it I'll shut it for you at recess time!" Her voice came from down the rows on the opposite side of town of cells. Lilly, the girls name I've been talking to went quiet. I growled loudly.

"Who the hell makes you think you can tell her to shut it?" I said and continued my growl. The other girl snorted.

"Listen up newbie, around here I'm the Alpha." She spoke with venom in her voice.

"Alpha?" I grinned. "Like wolf Alpha? Or Alpha of the weenie dog club." I joked. I heard her make a pathetic growl of her own. I laughed at it. She went silent.

As the silent hours went by I ended up curled in my corner half asleep and cold. I felt a bit hungry. Feeding time should be here by now. Something was different about today. I dozed off in a nap as time flew by.

Then the noise of the door being slung open woke me. I went to the bars and looked. About five different people walked in wearing coats and gloves, each carrying bags of food. Each cell three bags of food and a water bottle. They made their way to my cell. One hesitated to look at me. I glared and growled. He got the attention from the others and pionted me out.

"Well they're right about her being different." A girl said as she threw a water bottle threw the cell bars at my feet. I kept growling showing my canines. They set their bags in and went on till they were done leaving as they shut the door.

I looked at my bags. A sandwich, chips and two cookies. Something seemed different. They were never late to feeding. I opened the bag of chips wnd sniffed. Hm. Something didn't smell right. I got to my cell bars,

"Hey do any of you guys know if there's something with the food?" I asked. Lilly grumbled quietly,

"I'm not allowed to say."

"Yes you can."

"No-"

"Tell. Me." I growled.

Lilly sighed. And went silent. I knew it was a yes. I left the food alone. I went back to my corner and fell asleep.

It wasn't long when I woke to seeing a man in dark jeans, and a dark blue shirt on. He was watching me sleep this whole time. Creep. But I kept that to myself. I just slowly uncurled from my side and sat up, I stayed sitting. I growled. He chuckled as he put his hands in his pockets.

"They said you did that alot." He knelt and patted his lap beckoning me to come over. I huffed at that and curled back up. Leave me alone. He soon left watching me curled up some more. I frowned and wondered what that was all about. But after him, more men doing the same thing, just standing there and watching me sleep, at the bars and then left. They were all checking me out. Creeps. I'm surrounded by creeps!
Not one touched me or came in my cell. They just looked and left. About 20 of those men came and left. Six of them were ladies. All of these people looked very wealthy.
Lilly told me they paid extra to get a sneak peek at me and any other newbies.