Whatever You Do, Don't Drown

Curled in my blankets, I was cursing to myself of what happened. What did I just do? Why did I do it? Then it hit me. I must be on my period. It made so much sense now. My hormones are everywhere right now.

Of course, I didn't have the blood and pain because of the pills and shot I was given a couple of weeks back ... order I think it was a couple of weeks back. For all I knew, it was a month ago, or two....or three ...

The realization that I had lost time began daunting on me. I froze in shock, and when I blinked back to reality, I dug myself deeper into the blankets until I was fully burrowed into the big pile of blanket. It had to be a king-size blanket because it was the biggest and heaviest blanket I had ever seen. And I loved it. It brought me comfort and some security. I knew this must be their new tactic for "pets." Give them more in order to make them feel at home or help settle in. It was working on me already. Thankfully, I had bad memories that snapped me back from thinking otherwise of this place.

I knew I had fallen asleep. But I was still jerking awake. I'd freeze and listen. Then go back to sleep. I felt my hunger driving me insane slowly. I always had a feeding schedule with Chen and Li. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. No snacks. Only because I had actual full course meals given to me. When you burned as many calories as I did, you needed every bite of food you can get. So you can imagine how my stomach feels being off its schedule of its full course meals.

I rose my head out from under the blankets. My room lights were off. The night lights on the sides of the camera gave me some light to see I was in the room alone and where the door was. I grimaced as my stomach painfully growled again. I crawled out of the blankets and stood to my feet. I walked to the door. I looked at it. Only a card reader. There is no door handle. I looked up at the cameras. I narrowed my eyes at em.

Fuck this.

I glared at the door. I curled a lip as I growled. I stood with my side facing the door. I lowered my chin, while glaring at the door. I shifted my weight to the left leg, as I lifted my right knee and then I kicked out my leg side ways, the bottom of my foot slamming hard against the door.  The medal and wooden door made a CLANG noise. It was very loud. My ears pulled back from the noise. I stepped back trying to get away from the metal vibrating noise it was making, inside the door. That wasn't good. I glanced up at the cameras. Well? Anyone?

No? Fine.

I did it again. Side kicking the door with the bottom of my bare foot. It made the same noise less louder since I didn't do it as hard. I glanced back up at the cameras once more. My stomach growled painfully. I winced and glared at the door. Again. More anger rose in me. More desperation. More energy.

I leaned to my left again. In the middle of lifting my knee up about to kick out, I felt a vibrate from my shock collar. I froze. Waiting. My knee bent in the air, holding my bent leg seconds from striking the door. While frozen, mid kick - The door beeped. Then slide slowly open, slower than usual. Whom I assumed was Gary, stood at the entrance. The hallway light behind him blinded me from seeing the persons face. The light in the room turned on. Yep. It was Gary. I put my foot back down and blinked to adjust my eyes to the light, backing away from the door. Gary walked in, looking slightly annoyed.

"Nicoletta what is the meaning of your behavior? Are you trying to to get in trouble?" He waited for my answer.

I looked him in the eyes. Then I lowered my eyes, slightly knowing I have to ask something from him.

"I'm hungry." I admitted.  When I glanced back up, he had a small grin.

"Well, throwing a temper tantrum is no way to behave...." He glanced back at the door. "Especially taking it out on the door." He turned back to me. I lowered my eyes.