Ch. 4

A silent Taehyung only looked at you, his gaze intense as ever. Seeing that he wasn't going to say anything, you gave up and provided an honest answer.

"I'm not... an alien?"

You saw your life flash before your eyes as your whole body was being pushed against a wall. Within seconds, Taehyung had his arm locked on your neck as a deep chuckle resonated from his throat.

Did he just pin me to the wall?!

Realizing what had just happened, you started struggling to get free of his tight grip that was starting to suffocate you. However, being the physically weaker person here, you failed to even make the man budge.

"Don't you dare lie, I heard what you said yesterday. There's no point hiding now, tell me, what... thing are you?!" 

Confusion was evident on your features as your brain took in his words slowly. What did he mean by that? What did you say yesterday?

"Blah blah blah, I'm not from this world, is it possible for me not to die? Does that ring a bell?" Taehyung rolled his eyes, annoyed at your lack of response.

"Oh... so you're talking 'bout that..." Shit, shit, shit, I shouldn't have said my thoughts out loud!

"Care for an explanation?" You winced at the pressure that was increasing on your neck and tapped his chest lightly.

"Y-Yes, but can you let me go first? I can't... breathe-"

 You gasped for fresh air once he let go and started twiddling your fingers nervously, trying to think of a reasonable explanation.

"Y-You see, I'm, actually... m-mentally unstable. I-I tend to go in trances every few days, and during those trances, I tend to... say things that don't really mean anything, and yesterday was a-an example. Basically, I don't even know what I'm talking about, so rest assured that it was all a hoax, and I'm a perfectly normal human being." You flashed a toothy grin at the unfazed man, hoping to earn his trust.

"And why do you think I should believe you, woman?"

"Give me time, and I'll prove it to you, just stop pinning me to walls for the time being." You mumbled the last part of your sentence to yourself, however still audible for Taehyung to hear.

He looked at you for a few seconds before finally turning away, your stance relaxed immediately when he did so.

"Oh yes, one more thing..." His words made your posture tense once again, as you braced yourself for other threats.

"Take this, you need to defend yourself if a zombie attacks." Taehyung whisked a small dagger from nowhere. You took it with a tight smile, praying that what he said wouldn't happen.

After making sure the both of you safely got into the targeted convenience store, a small gun found its way in Taehyung's hand as he spun it around skillfully, to which you were certain he was flexing on you.

"You go there and collect some food, I'll keep a watch-out over here. Also, depending on the size of this store, I can't be certain if there are no zombies here, so... take care."

You gulped and gave a small nod in assurance before slowly making your way to the aisle.

Slowly placing the cans into a bag, you couldn't help but notice a faint putrid smell was replacing the once fresh air. After a while, a noise that sounded like a growl was suddenly emitted from afar, the noise getting louder and louder. With it getting closer to you, your trembling hands barely managed to grasp the dagger, praying desperately that it wouldn't see you.

Of course, life hates you.

A mutated rotting corpse was making its way towards you, its eyeballs hanging from the eye sockets. It was your first time seeing a zombie up close, and not being afraid was impossible. Seeing that the zombie was about to attack you, your survival instincts got the better of you as the dagger pierced through the zombie's heart, its blood splattering all over your face.

The dagger in your hand fell to the ground, a piercing thud was the only thing you could hear.

"I-I just killed a zombie!"

"There's no need to be this scared, it's just a zombie. Haven't you killed any before you came to our base?" Taehyung suddenly popped out of nowhere, his eyes fixated on you.

"U-Um, I had a friend, and he was the one getting rid of all the zombies. A-Anyway, are we done here?" You quickly changed the topic of the conversation, no wanting him to probe further into the topic.

"Yes. Keep your voice down, or you'll attract more zombies."

Before you could say anything else, the sound of the door opening alerted the both of you as Taehyung slowly walked towards the entrance, preparing for the attack of any zombies.

"Jimin and Yuri?"

"Oh, I thought - Never mind, since you both are here already, we'll go elsewhere then. Sorry to interrupt!" Yuri was just about to wave goodbye when a plan suddenly sparked in your mind with Jimin in sight.

"Wait! Can we... exchange partners?" 

Jimin didn't look at all satisfied and turned to look at you, his brows creasing into a frown. "Why?"

"I-I have something important to let you know?" You didn't even know what came out of your mouth anymore, all you wanted to do was make sure the man will team up with you.

As if noticing your glance, Yuri gave you an assuring smile. "It's fine by me."

Jimin was silent for a few seconds before he finally nodded.

"Great! Let's go then, goodbye!" You excitedly grabbed Jimin's arm and led him out of the store, leaving a solemn Taehyung still standing on his spot.

"C'mon, we should go before other zombies arrive." Yuri nudged him gently, waking him up from his trance.

"Alright..."

Your story about being a mentally unstable person did succeed in making him trust you for the time being. However, his gut instinct still told him that you were not as innocent as you looked, and the last thing he wanted to happen was you being a threat to them. Looks like he'll have to be around you for the time being to find out who you truly were...

.

.

.

A.N

I hate writer's block:(

- a i l e e