5 | My Distraction.

"Ugh I'm finally home" Said Amara dropping down onto her bed.

She gets her phone out of her bag and scrolls through social media for a while.

"Amara you ready!" Yelled Maddie

"Be down in a second!" Said, Amara

Amara quickly put on her work attire and bag and headed downstairs into the car. As she settled in the back seat glancing out the window; she picked up her phone and searched on Instagram the name that has been in her head ever since last period "Grayson". She looks through a list of Grayson's, Trying to see if any one of them looks familiar. She continues to scroll until she sees one that looks like him, His charming profile photo; She clicks on his page but it's private, She's scared to send a request, But deep down she really wants to...

"Alright let's go." Said Maddie in a rush as she opens the car door; Amara grabs her bag and apron and locks the car door. She takes one more look at her phone; which still has his Instagram page up and then turns it off, And quickly head over to the cafe.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Get in!!" Yelled Grayson; Singling Gabriel to get into the car.

"Do you wanna go home right now?" Asked Grayson as he takes a slight glance at Gabriel.

"What are you thinking?" Said, Gabriel

They both glanced at each other with huge smirks on their faces. They both know what each other's thinking. It's something they always do; It's their "brotherly tradition", After every first day of school they both go to their favorite diner in the city...

 It's something they always do; It's their "brotherly tradition", After every first day of school they both go to their favorite diner in the city

They love it so much because of the music, food, arcade games, and the people as well. Their parents would always take them there when they were younger but they stopped after Grayson finished middle school. But the brothers managed to keep up the tradition, Once Grayson got his driver's license; He and Gabriel would do this occasionally, After their first day of school; Or whenever they felt like it.

"Welcome in boys" Said Mr. Charles

As Grayson and Gabriel walked into the diner; Taking the same spot they always would since they were kids.

"Afternoon Mr.Charles," said the boys as they settled into their usual seats.

"You boys want the usual, I'm assuming?" Said Mr. Charles as he finished up with a customer

"You already know," Said the boys with a big smile on their faces

As the boys waited for their food; Gabriel's distracted by the baseball game on the TV in front of him and Grayson staring out the window, He moves his attention to this small little cafe across the street...

He's always seen it but it's very busy today. He sees a group of people that go to his school walking into the cafe.

"That must be the "Hot spot" after school," He thinks to himself

He watches as the cafe overflows with high school students; Then see's a girl crossing the street alone in a rush. He knows that girl, That was the girl he sat next to in his last period today. He sits up in his chair and admires her as she ties an apron around her and quickly walks into the cafe.

"Here you go boys, The usual!" Grayson gets cut off and turns his attention back into the diner and smiles at Mr. Charles who is serving them their food.

"How was your first day of school?" Said, Mr. Charles

"It was not too bad, Met a few new people, and saw some of my old friends," Said Gabriel as he picks up his burger.

"What about you Gray?" Said Mr. Charles as he gives him his drink.

"It was surprisingly not that bad" Said Grayson

The boys continue to talk and finish up their meal. After they were done they headed over to the arcade section of the diner and played some of their favorite games. After a while, it was time to close the diner and the boys would usually help Mr. Charles lock up. Once they were done they headed towards the car; As they were walking Grayson looks over at the cafe that was empty now. They get into the car and start to drive off, As he exits the diner parking lot and reaches the stop light he glances over at the cafe one more time and see's her. He watches as she walks out of the cafe and turns the front lights off and looks over in his direction.

"GOOO!" Yelled Gabriel as the person behind them honks their horn.

Grayson brings his attention back into the car and drives off; then slightly looks over at Gabriel who is about to tease him for staring at that girl.

"Shut up" Said Grayson while they both start laughing.