12 | Action's Speak Louder.

"How was your date" Said Gabriel teasing Grayson

"Wouldn't you like to know" Said Grayson as he walked passed him into his room

"Actually I would" Said Gabriel

"Well, It went pretty good, I think we both had a great time. I didn't want the night to end honestly" Said Grayson looking down at his rings

"Is someone sad that their girlfriend left them?" Said Gabriel teasing Grayson

"Get out" Said Grayson scoffing as he hit him with a pillow

Once Gabriel left the room, Grayson went over to his bathroom and began his routine. He couldn't stop thinking about Amara and how perfect the night was. He came out of the bathroom and picked up his phone hoping he got a text message from Amara by now, But he didn't.

"Hope you got home in time, Thank's again for tonight"

Grayson sent the text message to her, hoping he'll get a text back; But as the night passed by there was no reply. He texted her again, And still no reply.

"Did she make it home?" Grayson thinks to himself and begins to worry

"But I saw her walk into her house... "

Grayson thinks to himself long and hard about what could've possibly happened causing her to not respond to him. Until another thought hit him, It made him begin to feel angry but also sad.

"Is she ghosting me... Fuck"

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WHY did you lie to me, Amara?" Yelled Maddie

"I didn't lie, mom I told you I was going out with a friend tonight," Said Amara in frustration

"You didn't specify "Friend" Amara," Said, Bruce

Amara couldn't say anything to her dad, Because he was right. She didn't say if the friend was a girl or a boy, But in this case, they assumed it was a girl. Her parent's lectured her for 30 minutes. Amara couldn't say anything because she knew if she did, They would turn it back on her.

"You know the rules, Amara and yet you continued to do whatever you want, You know your age Amara and you're still young but It seems to me that you don't even care." Said, Maddie

But that wasn't the case, Amara did care but she knew her parents wouldn't understand. She feels like she's the only high schooler who isn't allowed to live her high school life, Without her parents nagging at her all the time.

"I'm taking away your phone and your gonna bring back your focus towards school," Said Maddie as she takes Amara's phone from her nightstand

Amara sits in silence as she watches her parents leave her room. As soon as the door closes she began to burst into tears. She hates that her parents won't understand her, And she hates the fact she can't even text him and thank him for the amazing night he gave her. Amara slowly got up from her bed and began to change out of her clothes. As she picks up her jacket, She sees a folded piece of paper fall onto the floor. She picked it up and opens it...

Well, I can start by saying that writing your poem took a lot of thinking, What I mean by that, Is I didn't want the entire class to hear all the emotions I felt for you, Plus it would've made me look "Fragile" lol, But mainly I wanted this to be read in private and for only us to know. When I first walked into class you were the first thing that stood out to me, And what are the odds, There was a seat right next to you. Ever since you came up to me that day asking if I would like to be your partner, I knew from that moment I fell for you. It's very soon, I know but I've never felt this way. I'm not the type of person that would write love letters and become all sappy and sweet. But with you, I knew I could write this, And how much you would love it. So I may look intimidating, Which I am to others, But to you, Never... You'll be seeing the venerable side of me, Which we won't ever speak of to anyone else!