Andy

Andy sat on her bed poring over her songbook, which was a notebook she filled with all the songs she had learned on the ukulele, guitar, and piano, trying to figure out what song she wanted to sing for Battle of the Bands. She really should have prepared for this sooner. At least she knew all the songs in the songbook though, it wasn't like she had to learn an entirely new song.

Before Krel, she was going to sing In the Woods Somewhere by Hozier. But she wanted everyone to know how she felt about Krel, she wanted to embarrass him. Now, that was a bit cruel, but it was also cute.

She flipped through the booklet again, stopping to skim each of the love songs she found. She wished she could write her own songs, it would make this process a bit easier. However, songwriting was very hard for Andy, so she chose to sing other people's songs.

Her phone began ringing and she picked it up to check the caller ID. It was Krel, and he was wanting to video chat. She answered the phone, flopping back onto her bed. "Hi!" she chirped.

Krel grinned, giving her a small wave. "Hey! How is it going?"

"I'm doing alright! How are you doing?"

"I am doing quite well," he said, leaning down out of frame. He was at his workstation fiddling with something that Andy couldn't really see well. "What are you up to?"

"I'm choosing my song for Battle of the Bands," Andy said.

"Don't you think that it is a little late for that?" Krel chuckled, coming into frame to give her a goofy look.

She rolled her eyes. "I mean, yeah, but I already know all these songs." She held up the songbook. "What are you doing?"

"Fixing Aja's phone," he said, holding up the battered piece of tech. "Luug got a hold of it and it broke."

"Oh no!"

"Yeah, she was pretty upset. But I know how to fix it, so it is not a big deal." Andy heard barking in the background, getting steadily louder. "And here he comes," Krel exasperated. A purple blur came flying into the frame, knocking Krel out of view. "LUUG! Get off of me!" Krel yelled, trying to push the dog off of him. Andy burst out laughing, partly because it was hilarious and partly out of shock. She knew Luug kind of launched himself at anyone who had been sitting for too long, as he was full of life and energy. Krel had told her that was fairly common of Luug's breed; they were fairly high energy and rambunctious dogs.

In the past, Krel had brought Luug over to Andy's house (under transduction, of course) to play with Andy's three dogs. The four of them got along swimmingly, and Andy's dogs always seemed to tire him out.

Speaking of Andy's dogs, Davenport waddled into the room. He had been getting bigger as of late; he was the youngest of her dogs and had recently just turned one. He was almost fully grown and was still filling out, but he was as tall and as long as he was going to get. At the moment, he was 75 pounds of pure energy.

The bulldog launched himself onto her bed, beginning to attack her face with love and kisses. Andy squealed and fell over, Krel letting out a laugh. "Looks like we're in the same situation," he said.

"Indeed we are," Andy chuckled, pushing Dav off of her. She got him to calm down and lie down next to her.

"Well, I better let you finish choosing your song," Krel said, smiling as he pulled himself up off the floor. "I just wanted to hear your voice."

"I love you!" Andy beamed.

"I love you too," Krel said, smiling at her before the screen went blank.

She looked back down at her songbook, flipping through the pages before landing on one in particular that caught her eye. To Make You Feel My Love. Andy nodded. She had found her song. That's what she would sing.