Andy

She blinked her eyes, half blinded by the warm sunlight streaming in through the window. Her eyes came into focus, and she looked immediately about her through a pounding headache. She panicked; she did not know where she was as this room was unfamiliar to her. She sat up quickly, trying to get her bearings.

"Oh, you're awake!" she heard Krel's voice say, coming from the left side of the room. She was flooded with relief; she was probably at Krel's house. Which meant that she was in... oh. Well fuck.

She turned her head to the sound of his voice, blinking through the light as she tried to look into the darker part of the room. Her eyes widened, and the last thing she remembered flooded back into her memory when she saw the glowing, blue, four armed figure sitting at the desk.

"We... have a lot to talk about," he said nervously, standing up.

"You're... an alien?" she asked, dumbfounded. Her head felt a little sluggish, like it was hard to think.

"Careful," he said, extending two of his hands out when she shifted her weight. "You have a concussion."

Well, that would explain the headache and sluggish thoughts.

"But yes... I am an... 'alien,'" he said, using air quotes. "Though we think that word is offensive."

"Oh, fuck, I'm sorry," she said, scratching the back of her head. She winced at the pain; that must've been where she hit her head.

He stood up, and began to speak, pacing as he did so. "I did not lie about everything," he said. "There really was a coup on my planet, Akiridion-5, led by General Morando, and my parents, the king and queen, were badly injured and are currently below deck regenerating. Aja, Vex, and I barely escaped with our lives, and our ship is badly damaged.

"My home... it is in danger. Every day his bounty hunters get closer to finding us, and he does not care if we are dead or alive. I am light keltons away from anywhere I call home, and I am so incredibly scared of what is going to happen to us. I am the king-in-waiting of Akiridion-5, my duty is to my people, and when they need me the most I am nowhere close enough to help them.

"I feel terrible," he said, circling around the edge of the bed, "for lying to you every day. You do not deserve that. I do not know when I was going to tell you, I did not know how, and I did not know when. I wasn't sure how you would react," he said. He was beginning to ramble. "I am incredibly sorry, and I hope you can forgive me." He sat down on the side of the bed, and in that brief moment, Andy's head felt clear enough for one thought, and one action.

The thought was that this boy sitting in front of her, this very tall, very blue boy, who was apparently the king-in-waiting of an alien planet called Akiridion-5, was the most beautiful boy she had ever seen in her entire life. The action immediately followed.

In one swift motion, she put her hands on either side of his face and bridged the short gap in between the two of them, kissing him square on the mouth. No more rambling.

She felt him tense underneath her hands out of surprise, but then relax to kiss her back albeit timidly. His skin was cool to the touch, feeling like slightly porous porcelain. It was an interesting texture, much different from the warm pliability of human flesh.

When they broke apart, she gave him a sympathetic smile. "There's no need to apologize," she said. "You did nothing wrong."

He gave her a smile paired with an expression that looked like he was close to tears. "I still feel guilty."

"There's nothing to feel guilty about," she reassured. "You were protecting yourself and your family. Besides, if you had told me any other way, there is no way in hell I would've believed you."