06

The dancers of A-troupe always start of the day by stretching and warming up. James and West were doing strange and wacky dance moves at the front, whilst Eldon and Ava were working on their turning techniques and others were scattered around doing various stretches.

"Attention, dancers! Attention, please," Chris assemble the group as him and Kate walked into the room.

"Some exciting news," the studio head announced. "It looks like we are going to be competing at a local dance competition this weekend."

"We're going to a small competition this weekend. It's almost like rehearsal for regionals," Kate explained.

"We get to scope out the competition of the other studios around the area."

"It'll give us a chance to go out and get used to being on stage again."

"We're going to switch it up a bit, and I'm going to change the line positions," the blonde woman said. "You'll perform for Chris and I and then I'll make the decision."

"I don't know what Kate is trying to pull right now," Emily complained. "But there is absolutely no way i'm letting her take this responsibility away from me. I am the dance captain."

Emily walked into the office practically dragging Kate and Chris with her. Ava presumed she was going to complain about her not deciding the line placements and she was proven right as when Emily walked out a few minutes later, she was holding a clipboard. "All right everybody! Are you ready? The order is, Ava, Chloe, Tiffany, Daniel, Eldon, James, Stephanie, Riley, Michelle, then West," the dance captain announced proudly.

"Right now, I'm holding auditions for the dance placements for this weekend's competition."

Ava was extremely nervous going up first, she had to set the bar, and she had to set it high. Putting on a brave face, the brunette took to the centre of the room and began her solo.

"Dance placement is an indicated for the hierarchy in the dance studio," Emily said.

"Her technique is flawless," Emily said to her best friend, Steph, as the brunette scribbled it down on the clipboard. "And I love the emotion when she dances."

Next up was Chloe. "She just has to earn her place, though. You know? She's new," the dance captain commented as the ballet dancer performed her routine.

"If you were placed in the front row, it basically means that you're one of the strongest dancers."

"And if you're placed in the back, it's kind of like a diss."

After a few more teens had performed, it was Riley's turn. Emily's younger sister started off strong but started to fumble with her movements as the dance progressed. Ava couldn't help but wince as she knew that was going to cost her.

"I am dancing terribly. I'm forgetting everything," the brunette said, annoyed at herself. "I've never danced this bad before in my life."

"Riley usually gets nervous. She's very shy. But she's an amazing dancer and I know she'll be okay."

"Back row here I come," Riley sighed.

"All right. Michelle, let's go," Emily said rolling her eyes and pursing her lips in complaint. "She's not footing that turn." she complained. "That jump could've been higher."

"It was really high," Stephanie murmured.

"Could've been higher."

"I'm pulling out some of my best tricks, and I really hope that Emily and Stephanie are impressed."