09

"Uh, where's Michelle?" Riley questioned worriedly as the rest of A-troupe, apart from the blonde, walked back into the studio.

"We left her behind," Emily said confidently leading the group.

"I think it's absolutely absurd that Emily left Michelle behind, why would you do something like that?" Ava stressed hurriedly.

"Why?"

"Because she got caught," Emily tilted her head to the side innocently.

"You know what?" Riley began filled with fury. "I feel like you keep pushing Michelle away. You're threatened by her somehow."

"It's not right to call out the dance captain but I honestly feel like Emily needs to be put in her place."

"She doesn't threaten me!"

"Okay, yeah," Riley replied sarcasm dripping from her tongue. "She is our one chance at winning at regionals."

"Oh, so none of these people can help us win at regionals," Emily gestured to the rest of the troupe, who had formed a semi-circle around them. "You're such a team player."

"That's not what I'm saying."

"Good for you," the dance captain gave Riley a light tap on the shoulder then leaving to walk to the other side of the studio, Stephanie, Tiffany and Chloe following.

James tried his best to comfort her and maybe try and apologise for not protecting Michelle like he had promised the girl.

"I was just trying to say that Michelle is on this team for a reason. She's helping us get to nationals and it's so crucial that she stays with us."

~ ~ ~

"Okay, dancers - listen up," Kate began. "We're going to do something different this week, okay? We're going to do duets. We all need to work on working together more, listening to each other, collaborating."

"Sorry, Kate," Chris butted in. "Do you guys know where Michelle is?" The team looked around at each other, unsure of what to do or say.

"It's weird that Michelle's not here. Somethings weird's going on."

"No, I haven't seen her," Emily took a step forward giving subtle challenging flares to her teammates around the room. "Anyone?"

"I do know where Michelle is," Daniel sighed. "She's over at the Elite studio and from what I know she's been caught."

"We're so in trouble," James shook his head slowly. "You have no idea."

"She's late, though," Emily shrugged to which Chris raised an eyebrow.

"Anyway," Kate cut back in. "As I was saying, duets - we need you to all pair off, okay? Choose your own duet partner, create a duet, work together, listen to each other. Cool? Questions? No? Get started. Let's go, come on."

"Lately, i'm our studio, things have been a bit divided and we haven't really been working as a team. Duets are so important because it teaches you to lean on your duet partner."

"Hey, Ava," West tapped the girl on the shoulder so she turned to face him. "Do you want to be my duet partner?" he asked slightly nervously. "It's totally cool if you don't though, I could always just do the duet by myself," he started again before he realised what he had said.

"Yes, West," Ava gave the boy a smile. "I would love to be your duet partner."

Before he could ramble on about all the incredible ideas he had gathered up in his mind, Michelle walked through the doors. "Hey, guys."