10

"Dancers, listen up! Just wanted to remind you that cheques are due for costumes at the end of this week," Kate said. "If anyone forgets, remind them," she pointed to Emily who nodded her head.

"The dancers, as part of A-troupe, have to pay for their own costumes for regionals."

"West, I need you to move over, please," Emily shooed tho boy to the side as she started to run the warm ups. "Riley, you step forward-."

"Oh, hey Emily?" Eldon interrupted stepping out of the formation. "Your shoes untied," he pointed down to the white laces dragging on the floor. The dance captain ignored him, turning her head back to the dancers.

"All right, James, can you-," Emily stopped her instructions when the blonde boy bent down to tie her shoe for her, which sent ripples of laughter throughout A-troupe.

"A part of me wants to laugh, a part of me wants to disinfect my shoe."

"If I do something like tying her shoe, I thought maybe she would think that was really romantic."

"Okay... thanks?" Emily had a strange, not-sure-what-to-think look on her face as he stood back up again giving her a smile. "Let's take it from the ball-change step. 5, 6, 7, go."

"I hope the dancers can stay focused because the auditions for the solo at regionals are tomorrow," Kate announced to the camera.

"Every year, one dancer from the Next Step gets featured in a regionals dance competition. It's a huge deal."

"I really want the solo because at regionals there will be scouts from all over the dance world," Daniel said, hopefully. "If they like what they see, that'll be one step closer for me becoming a professional dancer."

"Chloe, this isn't cheerleading! Give me some dance," Emily barked at the girl who was a beat behind everyone else.

"She's not present. She's missing steps. She's out of her spacing. I don't really know what's going on with her."

"All right. Let's stop," Emily clicked the music off. "Chloe, do you know the timing?"

"Yeah," she nodded her head, not wanting to seem behind. In truth, Chloe had been missing snippets of rehearsals from turning up late and she just wasn't one hundred percent.

"Are you sure?" she repeated to which Chloe nodded again. "Tiff, can you show her the timing, on your back line part, please?"

"Everyone else knows the moves. Why don't you know the moves?" Tiffany shook her head in disapproval. "There's no excuse, at this point."

"I'm missing steps during rehearsal because I'm just a little unfocused because I know I have to start paying for costumes. I wish she knew what I was going through and I wish that I could tell her."

"This isn't B-troupe, okay? A little more intensity."

"Joining A-troupe was a huge commitment. I didn't really realise how much money and time and effort it would take to be part of it. I'm really having trouble balancing everything."

~ ~ ~

Ava and Daniel were at the ballet bar, they were both helping each other out with little things that they were good at. The two had a very similar style of dance so they had become quite a strong friendship with a bit of a competitive edge that they both loved. Meanwhile, West was also in Studio A, working on his own dancing.

"Getting the solo would be amazing, you know? 'Cos I'm new to A-troupe and I really just want to make my mark," West said nodding his head.

"West, Ava and I are at the studio after hours because we're working on our solo audition pieces."