15

"With Michelle as the new dance captain, everything is about teamwork it's about the team."

"This is just so different from what Emily was like."

Going through the routine, everyone was trying their hardest, everyone wanted this to be perfect. Apart from Emily, of course, who barely even marked the dance, she just did the hand gestures and took steps to the side from time to time.

"Okay, let's do it one more time just to fine-tune it," Michelle said as everyone walked back to their positions. As they counted through the choreography, Emily didn't even do hand movements anymore, just stood there with her arms folded.

"I'm kind of frustrated with Emily."

"I just think she's being such a drama queen."

"Regionals is coming up. We've got to be ready. We can't have one person at the back being sad."

"Okay, guys, just stop. Why aren't you doing it?" Michelle asked the ex-dance captain. "The least you could do is mark it and you're not even doing that!"

"I'm not marking these ridiculous moves. What is this?" Emily weakly demonstrated one of the moves. "Bop!"

"She's not trying at all. Right now is a crucial time and we need to be working on this routine so that it's perfect for regionals."

"I think Michelle's moves are completely inadequate for the level of A-troupe. I'm not going to stand here and do something that I don't think is to the level of my previous captaincy."

"I'm surprised she hasn't been chucked out yet," Ava rolled her eyes. "Giselle's waiting at the door and she'd do a much better job."

"How are they ridiculous? We made them up as a team."

"Yeah, actually. I think her moves are pretty cool, Emily," Eldon defended the dance captain.

"Emily has been really hard on Michelle for a long time and I don't think Michelle deserves all of it."

"Eldon defending me is really sweet, actually. I didn't expect him to do that."

"Really?" Emily tilter her hard to the side. "You made them up as a team?"

"Yes."

"'Cos I don't recall giving any input. So, I guess I'm not part of this team," Emily turned to walk out of Studio A until Miss Kate knocked on the window from where she had been watching the scene unfold.

"Kate noticed that Emily's not trying at all and right now, I think that she's going to get in a little bit of trouble."

Quiet murmurs spread throughout the team as she was called into the office. "So take it one last time from the lyrical," Michelle said putting the rehearsal back on track.

"Finally, Emily is going to get a little talking to and maybe get what she deserves."

~ ~ ~

"Guys, I've made a decision to change up the lines a little bit in the routine," the dance captain announced to the dancers sprawled out across the floor. "So, I'm going to need you guys to re-audition for your placement."

"I'm really excited to be re-auditioning. There's other people that are able to be in the front row instead of just the e-girls."

Over on the bench, Ava saw Stephanie start to put her shoes on to leave the studio.

"This is obviously just another way for Michelle to humiliate us."

"Whether me and you audition or not, we're going to be in the back row," she said to her blonde best friend sat next to her. "Im just not going to waste my time."