13

"So... are you in?"

Eldon took a deep breath in. "I don't know."

"We can't do this without you," West said, trying as hard as they could to get him in on the dance.

James gave him a questioning look. "What do you mean you don't know, man? She just crushed your heart."

"I don't think I could hurt Emily like that," the boy sighed sadly.

"That's weak, man."

"He's got to stop letting her control his every move."

"So, what do you say?"

A moment of awkward silence flooded Studio B as the dancer thought about the situation. He was still in love with Emily even if she just turned him away; he didn't have it in him to go against her. "I don't know. I'll have to think about it."

"You know, I thought he would've just picked it right up and joined the dance, but he's second guessing things."

"Think he's going to tell Emily?" West asked looking around the room.

"Yup."

"One hundred percent," Ava nodded her head.

"I'm not surprised. I mean, he's so in love with Emily. I just hope it doesn't ruin everything."

~ ~ ~

James was sitting this rehearsal out as he was doing a sample math test to practice for his final exam tomorrow. The team were at peak season, if he got pulled out now it wouldn't be good.

"One, two, three, four... All right, ladies, let's see some technique," Emily's usual voice echoed across the studio. "Can I get a little energy maybe? Can I see some full-out dancing for once? It's like that never happens in this studio!"

"This rehearsal is horrible."

"I'm thinking, she's crazy. I'm hoping that she gets the point and feels my eyes going like this on the back of her neck," Tiffany rolled her eyes back as if she was falling asleep.

"Stop! Stop! Are you guys serious?! That is so messy! Just go to the beginning!" she yelled.

"She's particularly harsh this time. I mean, Emily knows something's up and she's taking it out on the rest of the dancers, which isn't fair."

"Hurry it up, Riley!" We're going from the top and I want it full out. One, two, three, four, turn out your legs!"

"Emily's in a really bad mood. I'm kind of happy I'm just out on this one," James admitted.

"Do you call this dancing? You all look like you're marking it!"

"You know, I'm getting pretty sick and tired of Emily. We're working so hard on a dance that we don't even believe in."

"Stop. Just... Stop. That is supposed to be in a sequence, as in all together! You are acting like J-troupe. Go back to the beginning!"

~ ~ ~

Ava watched as Kate called Michelle into the office. Emily was in there so she felt really worried that she ratted the group out. Barely a minute went by when they were in the office before Kate rushed out, with the two dancers following closely behind, and began rummaging through Michelle's bag.

"It's not in here," Kate said as she finished her search. Emily yanked the purple bag out of the studio head's hands and started to rummage through the pockets.

"When I can't find the phone in Michelle's bag, immediately I know what happened. They knew what we were doing and they played us."

"I saw the e-girls with Michelle's phone," Riley said. "I went over there, checked it out, saw what they did, so I took her phone and hid it."