Having Some Fun

Chapter Six

“Have any of you seen Pitch in a while, or any of his icky shadows?” I asked through a mouthful of food, which I got a dirty look from Manny from.

“Nope.” Bunnymund answered first. “Haven’t bother me.”

“Me either.” Tooth said lightly, brushing dirt from Little Tooth’s feathers with a small brush.

North nodded in agreement. “I haven’t seen any around.”

“I haven’t run into any either.” Jack threw in, leaning on his staff while sitting on a table across the room.

I swallowed the food, and leaned my face on my palm, my elbow on my knee, wondering why Pitch wasn’t bothering us, and seemingly be trying to avoid us. A yawn overtook me, and at my mouth’s fullest extent, I let out something that was even worse than dying whale noise, and the silence was suddenly overtaken by my brother’s laughter.

“Stop laughing!” I yelled at him, my cheeks burning. “It’s not funny!”

Manny fell to the ground, and began to roll around. “You should've hear yourself! Oh GOD it was funny!” He said breathlessly between laughs.

I kicked his foot after a couple second, and it didn’t help as he continued to laugh, harder if possible. I rolled my eyes, and out of habit, I started to walk to the window. I opened the window, and sat on the ledge, ready to jump and fly, but stopped myself. I couldn’t fly anymore.

I punched the wall next to me out of anger. I hate fading!

I shook out my fist, a burning pain making tears prick at my eyes. “You okay?” Jack asked from across the room.

I took a steady breath before answering with a short, “Yep.”

Toothiana grunted a little, like she was disagreeing with me. Raising my eyebrows, I got up, holding my hands in front of me , my left hand rubbing my right hand knuckles, which still where throbbing from when I punched the wall, and walked out of the room. “I am going to get some ice.” I announced, feeling the awkward silence pushing in.

Jack got up, and pull me towards him, placing his hands on my knuckles. His cold touched chilled the pain, and I felt a relaxed sigh slide from my lips. “Thank you.” I murmured, feeling tired and ready to pass out. I took my hand back and walked slowly out of the room, still in a daze. When I got to the room, I collapsed onto the mattress, and then rolled around, making a cocoon of blankets. Once fully covered, I pulled the pillows in, one on my head and one that I hugged to my chest.

I drifted off to sleep, feeling like I was wrapped in fog and mist.

The next morning, I was shaken awake by someone. I had no idea who, but they ended up with a faceful of my ‘claws’. All I remember is yelling at them I wanted to sleep, and then trying to scratch their eyes out. After they left, I curled back up into my slightly messed up cocoon, letting the rigid air in. I growled before pulling the edges of the blankets all around me, curling into a tight ball. “You gotta get up some time, Conscious.” Manny said, from somewhere in the room. “And it wasn’t nice to try and claw out Jack’s eyes.”

I groaned. “Mhumff.”

“I am guessing that means you don’t care?” Manny said, his voice getting closer. “Are you cold?”

I growled a little at him, pulling the blankets closer. “Noooo...” I whined childishly.

I felt my warm protecting blankets ripped away from me, and the cold polar air nipping at my exposed flesh. “You have been sleeping for twelve hours, time to get up.”