Forgotten

Chapter One

It was always like this, being alone. Forgotten. Hopeless.

No one ever cared enough.

My older brother ignored it like it was just another little thing that could be ignored.

But trust me. It wasn’t.

No one could see me, except for my brother, and one who I have carelessly forgot the name of. Who cares really? I never see him anyways.

But sometimes, I really wish a girl could see me, and I could talk to a girl, not a stupid guy who was my brother, and he never answered when I needed him, only talking when it pissed me off the most.

I twirled my fingers in the air, enjoying the sensation of feeling the creation of mist and fog flow through my fingers and mix with the air. I giggled at the rush, but the happiness and joy was quickly replaced with shock and dizziness.

I knelt to the ground, pulling in my hands to my stomach. The feeling lingered for a couple seconds, but it felt like an eternity, and I knew what that felt like. I felt a faint brush on my bare calf, and look down to see a semi-translucent figure of Calli, a white and brown calico. Her deep green eyes, faded with her translucentence, staring guiltily at me.

“Nothing you did, baby girl.” I told her weakly, the feeling of nausea still hanging on to my mind. “You’re alright.”

Calli started to purr again, her eyes losing the emotion of guilt and filling with love and happiness. I patted her head lightly, weariness and exhaustion washing over me.

Frowning at the moon, I sat down on the grass which was beginning to frost over with the chill of the winter night. I sighed, and began to lean back onto the chilled ground. “Where is Ange? And little Alain?” I asked Calli, as she curled up on my stomach.

“Mew.”

Her little meow answered me, and it shocked me. “The spirit man took them?” I yelled, anger and rage seething through me, ready to rip his-or her, I had never met the person of spirit-head right off their body.

“Meeew.”

I grunted and shooed her off my body, too agitated to stay in one place.

Be careful, little sister.

“Why the hell should I be?” I hissed back at the moon, who weirdly, was also my brother. “I lasted this long without hesitation, why can’t I last longer?”

Little Sister, you do not understand the danger of fading. Your unwillingness to hesitate may lead to your quick downfall. I would be deeply saddened if you faded from existence.

I let out an angry huff, and whirled on the waxing moon. “Why hesitate? If I let myself think, then I might fear, and I do not want to fear living life. I know I am going to fade, and if I live my life to the fullest, then I will not leave with regrets. I do not want to harm anyone...”

Sister, you have many futures, and you might have to hurt people to leave regretless.

I froze, letting my eyes water up. “But, I don’t want to. If I have to, I’ll leave full regrets if no one is hurt.” I laughed, then, realizing how stupid I was. “But I do not have to worry. You are the only one who would care if I fade. You are the only one that knows I even exist.”

I felt him shake his head at me, and for a moment, I felt the first memory I had flash in front of my eyes.

It was dark all around, and then, the moon shone down and I saw the two other guardians. My brother, who I was leaning on. I knew this automatically, for the reason, I had no idea of why, or for what reason, but I knew. I remember being shocked by my awe towards the two guardians, who shone with power and demanded attention. My brother, was glowing-almost.