Chapter One- Three

Chapter one: Nevaeh, heaven

1790's a trail was made. A trail that would give slaves freedom who worked for rich, white men. This was a freedom walkway called, the Underground railroad. This is a story about a specific slaves and her parents, meeting friends while going through the Underground railroad. Her name was, Nevaeh, it meant heaven. Her parents knew this name would give her faith of escaping their terrible master, Simon Brown. This is where our story begins.

She was laying in a barn trying to sleep. The barn was were all the girl slaves slept. She looked around scared. So many things were happening. First of all, being a slave in the first place, potential breeder, her back, and rumours of an escape route. Her parents told her, soon and one day she will escape. Her parents' names were Sebastian, and Kiara. They were a lovely couple. Their beautiful daughter had many things on her mind. Deep down inside, she knew it would be alright. Her job was harsh, right now working in the fields, completing chores around the plantation and fearing her future as a part of the women's quarters, having and caring for babies.

She looked around and saw her parents, they looked serious. Sweets, we know this is not what life is supposed to be like. Let's go quick, tomorrow night, dinner we run to a hiding place. I was told to stay there until midnight. Then there is a new plan."

Her parents smiled . They only smile at me and their friends. They hated nasty master Simon Brown. They didn't call him master. Only to his face they did, they still shot dirty looks at him. I laugh in my head because in the barn we call him cow turds. Ha, it is the true definition of Simon Brown.

Chapter 2: The escape plan

It was 7: 00 when my parents grabbed Nevaeh, and put her outside the barn door. They looked at each other, each other to their friends. The crew had a look of faith on their faces a look that comes once in a lifetime. We ran to the fields and made it look like extra work in the fields. But when our " master" went to the other side of the house for dinner. That was our chance. The family ran, and ran, and ran. They ran to the safest place, behind some thick pine trees in thick woods. Nevaeh sat with her most prized possession, dolly, that is her name. She is a knitted doll. She got her when I was born. It is the only toy she ever owned in her entire life. She is so special. She played with her hiding for about 5 hours. She do that all the time though. It is easy think of a great dream you never wanted to wake up from that is what she does. Then a frightening noise came from two beautiful girls. They looked about 15. The girls said " Come with us. We have a safe place hurry, there are bounty hunters right on our tail. This is where our story begins.

Chapter 3: Faith once again

The girls told the family to follow them. Nevaeh was hesitant. She knew people. They are irresponsible. Her parent seemed to trust them, why shouldn't she? She followed her parents and the girls to carriage where they were thrown cloaks to out on. Then the first girl spoke out, " We are here to help. We are the Underground railroad. Now keep you faces covered the whole time. Also the child should sleep. We have a long day tomorrow. Nevaeh followed the request and slept.

The next morning she woke up in a cabin. She saw 5 teenagers plus her parents. " What the heck is happening! What are you doing!" She screamed! The teens had a look in their eyes. A new girl from last night said, " Realize kid we are here to help you be free. If you were listening last night my friend, Kenna said we are the underground railroad. Soon you will be free!" The girls she saw last night were even prettier than last night. The girls looked like they never bragged about their beauty. They looked different now that I knew they were going to help. " Yes, we are going to help you get a new life in Canada. First let us introduce ourselves." One girl said. " I am Sophie. I am very wise. This is Dustin, that is Elizabeth, that is Naveen, and that is Kenna. We would love to learn your names." Declared Sophie. Nevaeh's mother was first to speak. " I am Orianna, and this is my husband, Sebastian, and my lovely daughter's name is Nevaeh." Sebastian shook the others hands wail Nevaeh stayed quiet. " Well we should get going we have a huge road ahead of us. Hopefully you will have faith once again." Naveen said.

Sorry I didn't seaporat it! It bothers me too ! 😣 But I hope it Is good.😉