Part 1

You sit on a hill overlooking Seabrook High, picking at the green blades of grass that blade the hillside. The spring day is fairly warm, a slight breeze whistling through the leaves of the tree casting soft speckles of shadow over you. The morning sun hangs low in the sky, buttery light illuminating the world. In just a few minutes, the bell would ring and students, zombie and human alike, would come pouring into the school.

Picking up your backpack by the loop, you skitter down the hillside. Your heart is thudding against your ribcage, and you can't tell if its from excitement or anxiety. Probably both. Today is the first school day of the year, which means  tryouts for both cheer and football are happening concurrently. It's your freshman year, so you haven't been in either group yet. You wonder how you'll ever choose between them...

BRRRING!!!

The school bell's blaring noise sliced through both the peaceful atmosphere and your train of thought, stirring up motion from the clumps of students outside the school. You follow in suit, tumbling about the pastel-colored halls to your homeroom. You struggle to decipher the rumpled sheet of paper that had been crushed in your pocket, eventually picking out Room 205 as your homeroom.

 The morning passes in a blur. Your classes are mostly just introductions to the school and the teachers, all and all pretty easy. Lunch rolls around and you step into the seemingly infinite lunch line wrapping around the room. You glance absentmindedly around the cafeteria, trying to figure out a place to sit, when something shoves you from the back, making you stumble forward.

"Ohmygosh, sorry!" squeaks a panicked voice from behind you. You turn to see a kid about your age. They're pretty short, probably hardly above 4'10". They have jaw-length black hair with a shock of silvery white down the side. That combined with the fur laid over their shoulders indicates you've just met a werewolf. You...

are disgusted! Werewolves? Not in your Seabrook! Turn to Part 3

or

smile in return. What's a better conversation starter than an innocent run-in? Turn to Part 2