Part 5

You put your hands up in surrender. "All right man, I'm not looking for trouble."

Wyatt is still glaring at you, and you attempt to turn your expression neutral.

"Tell that to them." he said, stepping to the side to let the smaller werewolf come into view.

You sigh. This is embarrassing, but you don't want to get on the werewolves' bad side. "Fine... I'm sorry, whatever-your-name-is. I'm just a bit jumpy from my first day here, that's all, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Oh it's fine, really! Wyatt here's making a mountain out of a molehill, you know." the unnamed werewolf said with nervous laugh. "My name's Wimer. Do you want to sit with us?"

Wyatt glances at Wimer with a what-the-heck-we're-to-cool-for-humans kind of glance, and you raise your eyebrows. Really? An invitation to sit at the werewolf table? That was definitely not what you expected from your first day at Seabrook High, but you decided that giving them a shot couldn't end too badly.

"I mean, sure!" you reply, trying to force some sort of enthusiasm into your voice. Wyatt grumbles something under his breath that you were probably better off not hearing as the three of you make your way over to a table off to the side that's crowded with moonstone-slinging fur-wearing werewolves. 

You take a seat next to Wimer, who seems pretty hyped to have a new person at their table. Wyatt sits across from you, glaring at his sandwich. 

Wimer starts chatting with the others at the table. They seem much more extroverted now that their around their packmates, and it's sort of fun to watch. They yammer on about hunting season and school gossip, and you watch them with half-attention, mostly focusing on your food.

"Speaking of which..." Wimer turns around to face Wyatt, "What's the news with Addison and Zed? I heard you were causing some mischief, Mr. Charmer." Their eyes twinkle teasingly.

Wyatt puts on a smug half-smile. "I'd say their no more. Me and Addison were in contact all summer, and I have the letters from cheer camp to prove it. I'm just waiting to hear from her before we become official."

You blink in surprise. Addison and Zed broke up? The pretty much legendary girl-and-zombie, cheer-and-football power couple? Also, since when was Wyatt taking interest in Addison? It's clear there's plenty of school gossip for you to catch up on. You glance at Wyatt, who looks a bit happier now that his alleged lover has been involved in the conversation. Something sour hardens in your throat as you study the attractive male werewolf's face, but you try to shake it off. Crushing on werewolf boys won't get you anywhere.

Turn to part 4.