10. A Spy With A Kid, Huh?

"Mama," Amelia mumbled tiredly as she wandered into the kitchen space of the safe house the following morning as she clutched her elephant in her hand.

Yet again, Natasha's heart skipped a beat when she heard the eight-year-old call her that familiar name. They were no longer at Tony Starks' house so there wasn't a need for the name, but she couldn't help but feel something warm inside her cold dead assassin heart.

"Hey Melia," Natasha closed the lip on her laptop and turned around to face the eight-year-old. "I didn't think that you would be awake yet," she added.

After the chaos from the party the previous night, Natasha was due to meet up with Fury today to discuss the situation at hand. The aftermath was unbelievable and half of the space in Tony's Malibu home was destroyed from the destruction of the night between Tony and Rhodes.

The meeting was long overdue and they had to dispute the matter of fact. Tony Stark was on Shields' radar and was causing mayhem. Something that Nick Fury didn't take too kindly to.

"I went into your bedroom when I woke up and you weren't there like usual," Amelia mumbled as she rubbed her eyes tiredly.

"I am sorry детка. I had to write out some updates about the mission," Natasha explained to the child who looked vaguely tired still.

Amelia nodded and lifted her arms up to be picked up which the older redhead was happy to oblige too and quickly scooped the small child up into her arms. Amelia leaned her head on Natasha's shoulder as Natasha ran her fingers through Amelia's hair.

"We have to get ready soon малышка," Natasha told the child who frowned and lifted her head slightly to look back at the older woman.

"Are we going back to see Tony and Pepper again?" Amelia asked confused.

"Pepper has kindly agreed to watch you for a little bit while I go and talk to Fury, малышка," Natasha explained hesitantly as she waited for the child's reaction.

"Can't I come with you?" Amelia questioned with a pout.

"No, I'm afraid you can't today детка," Natasha said as she shook her head. "You're going to stay with Pepper for a couple of hours. It'll be too complicated for me to bring you with me," she told her.

"Nuh-uh, I want to go with you!" Amelia protested as she pushed herself out of the older redheads' arms.

"You can't. Not today Amelia," Natasha stated firmly.

"But I want to," Amelia said as her bottom lip trembled and she stomped her foot.

"You can't, Melia," Natasha repeated softly as she saw how visibly upset the child was becoming. "Hey, there isn't any need to get upset over this детка," she told her.

"I want to go with you, mama!" Amelia all of a sudden screamed out and shook her head furiously.

If the child hadn't been off so upset then Natasha would be happy that the eight-year-old called her mama again without hesitation. However, the child in front of her was clearly in distress as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Melia," Natasha started as she moved forward to try and hold the eight-year-old who was reluctant to be in the redheads' arms and instantly tried to wiggle away. "Hey come on, there's no need to get so upset about this. I won't be gone for long, it'll be a couple of hours and then I'll be back," she tried to reassure her.

"NO! I want to go with you!" Amelia screamed again at the top of her voice.

Natasha furrowed her eyebrow in surprise at the child's sudden anger over the situation. "Amelia, I know you're upset but that doesn't mean you can yell at me," she told her firmly as she tried to reach out and hold the eight-year-old in place in an attempt to calm her down.