18. Foam Bullets

"Ow! Damn!" Hunter hissed in pain as he ducked and hid from the weapon that was being fired at them. "What the hell!" he continued to complain.

That said weapon was Amelia's toy NERF gun.

Sure it was only a toy but the foam bullets were dangerous. And they hurt a lot.

At least, that's what Bobbi and Hunter recently discovered.

"I didn't realize that foam bullets would hurt so damn much," Hunter mumbled as he rubbed his upper arm where he was hit by the bullet.

"Yeah, you're not wrong there," Bobbi muttered as she hid behind an object, avoiding behind hit.

"Freeze! Put your hands up," Amelia exclaimed, jumping off the couch and grinning at the two agents when she found them.

"Don't shoot, kid!" Bobbi complained.

Amelia grinned before she fired a bullet at Hunter. "Ha, gotcha!" she stated proudly.

"Okay, on three," Bobbi said in a whisper before she pointed towards the other couch. "We run over there and take cover," she added.

"Copy that," Hunter agreed.

"Alright, 3," Bobbi spoke before she and Hunter looked at each other and ran to shield themselves from the bullets.

"Are we seriously hiding from a 9-year-old with a toy gun?" Hunter asked amusedly once they had taken cover behind the second couch.

"Apparently so," Bobbi muttered in agreement. "Even if it is just a toy gun with rubber bullets, they really do hurt!" she complained.

Hunter flashed his partner a smirk. "Can't agree with you more there, Bobs," he stated.

"Ah, no fair! You two aren't supposed to hide!" Amelia complained as she moved around to face the two agents who looked up from where they sat crouched behind the couch. "How am I supposed to shoot with bullets?" she questioned confused.

"Agent Morse, Agent Hunter," Fury's voice spoke out which alarmed the two agents, interrupting the game. "Trouble," he added.

"Director Fury," Bobbi and Hunter spoke in unison.

"Grandpa!" Amelia exclaimed, abandoning the NERF gun and running over to the director.

Fury chuckled and ruffled the 9-year-olds' hair. "I hope that you're behaving," he stated.

"Of course. I'm shooting bullets at Bobbi and Hunter," Amelia told him.

Fury looked at her like a true proud Grandpa. "That's Grandpa's girl," he said.

"Has there been any update, Director?" Bobbi questioned as she stood up to talk to Fury.

"They found Loki and rescued the sceptor but it seems like they have run into a problem now," Fury explained and then looked at the girl. "So, looks like your mama is going to be a little late back tonight," he told her.

"That's okay because she is fighting bad guys, right?" Amelia questioned.

"Yes, that is correct, trouble," Fury said in agreement.

"Alright. Truce!" Bobbi called out loud.

Amelia smirked and dropped the NERF gun onto the couch in the make-shift lounge. "I won. You two are sore losers," she told them mischievously.

"Wow, that's cold kid," Hunter mumbled in disbelief at the young girls' words. Reaching forward to lift her into his arms, he spun around and grinned. "Come on, pipsqueak. Let's go find something to eat for dinner," he suggested.