6. Commence, Mission Stark!

"Agent Romanoff. How's mission motherhood going?" Nick Fury questioned as the women walked into the base. Thankfully, she'd already gotten Maria to sit with Amelia just until she could talk to him so she didn't have to worry about that yet.

Natasha resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Great. So was there a reason why you dragged me out here? You know, I was just starting to get used to the farm lifestyle," she told the man sarcastically.

Nick Fury chuckled. "Funny. I never saw you as the farm girl type," He stated.

"Cut the bullshit, Fury," Natasha said, she finally had enough of his games. "Why am I here?" she questioned.

"Straight to the point, Agent Romanoff," Fury said while he smirked.

"I just want to know what the mission involves, you were pretty vague over the phone about it and if you want my kid involved, it had better not be dangerous!" Natasha said as she raised her voice.

"It's not dangerous," Fury insisted.

Natasha furrowed her eyebrow in confusion. "What's the mission, Fury?" she asked.

"Alright, so are you familiar with the billionaire, Tony Stark?" Fury questioned the redheaded agent.

"Do you mean the guy that builds the robots?" Natasha replied to the man who nodded in agreement. "Yeah, what about him?" She wondered.

"His health has become compromised and he's been doing some things that are pretty questionable. I'd like for you to shadow him and keep an eye out," Fury explained.

Natasha didn't hesitate to roll her eyes. "Oh, so you want me to babysit the rich guy," she remarked.

"I wouldn't exactly say it like that, Agent Romanoff," Fury said shaking his head.

"I'm saying it exactly how it sounds, Fury," Natasha stated.

Fury exhaled a sigh and slowly shook his head. "Okay very well if you insist to call it that then yes, I need you to babysit the billionaire," He told her.

"Go figure..." Natasha muttered and then narrowed her eyes. "And what does Amelia have to do with any of this?" she asked.

Fury looked at the redheaded agent before he motioned her to walk with him. "Well, I think it would be a good idea for you to bring her in and see him react to a child in his presence, maybe his actions might not be so... irrational then," He told her.

"So let me get this right, you want me to put my eight-year-old at potential risk for you to figure out how this guy would react to her in the picture?" Natasha questioned hastily, making sure that she had all the correct information.

"Correct," Fury agreed.

Natasha shook her head at the older man. "That's bizarre, Fury!" She exclaimed.

"Be reasonable to the idea, Agent Romanoff," Fury insisted.

"How can I be reasonable when you're being irrational, Nick!" Natasha stated as she raised her voice again.

Fury inhaled a sigh and looked at Natasha seriously. "Agent Romanoff, think of it this way. You're working undercover and you can keep an eye on her throughout," He paused as the women continued to stare at him like he had two heads. "Your kid won't be out of your sight while she is there if you don't want her to be," He added.

Natasha took a few minutes before she sighed. "Fine, but if she does get hurt then it's on your head!" She warned.

"Okay, okay. I will take the blame!" Fury agreed as he held his hands up in defence.