9. Bitter Apple Juice

"Alright, we're here!" Natasha announced as she parked the car outside of Tony's home.

Amelia looked out of the car window and then turned to the redhead confused. "We're at Mr Starks house," she paused to take another look at the mansion. "Why are we here, Tasha?" she questioned.

"Well, Mr Stark has invited you to his birthday party tonight, Melia," Natasha explained as she slipped in a name she had taken to call the eight-year-old occasionally, as she climbed out of the car and opened the back door for the eight-year-old to climb out. "Come on, I still have to settle some legal sides of things with Pepper so I need you to sit and behave for me, alright? No wandering off," she stated firmly.

Amelia's eyes lit up in excitement. "Will there be cake?" she wondered.

"Yes there will be cake," Natasha said as she laughed.

"And do I get to stay up late as well?" Amelia asked with a grin plastered on her face.

"Well, within reason, yes but-" Natasha didn't get a chance to continue what she was saying before Amelia cut her off.

"Best day ever!" Amelia exclaimed as she fist-pumped the air.

"I didn't finish what I was saying, малышка," Natasha interjected with a raised eyebrow. "You can stay up until a reasonable time and then you're gonna go to bed," she stated.

Amelia pouted slightly but nodded, she knew it was better to argue. At least there would be cake. "Okay. Can we see Mr Stark and Miss Potts now?" she asked eagerly.

Natasha looked down at the eight-year-old and gasped playfully. "And here I thought that you would want to spend some quality time with me," she teased.

"No hard feelings Tasha," Amelia remarked as she grinned.

Natasha raised her eyebrow amusedly. "Where did you learn that phrase?" she questioned.

"Hunter. He told me that after I bit him," Amelia innocently told her. "Come on T- Mama, I want to go inside!" she exclaimed as she excitedly pulled Natasha towards the building, quickly correcting herself since they were in the perimeter of Tony's home and anyone could be listening out.

"Okay, okay, I am coming детка!" Natasha chuckled as she willingly let herself be pulled towards the mansion.

Amelia's sudden excitement quickly turned into worry as she saw the blonde woman huddled over paperwork with a stressed expression on her face.

"Hi, Amelia. It's nice to see you again," The blonde woman said as she smiled in the direction of the eight-year-old who now timidly held onto Natasha's hand.

Natasha noticed Amelia's sudden change in behaviour and smiled down at the child. "Say hello to Miss Potts sweetheart," she encouraged kindly.

"Hi Miss Potts," Amelia quietly said as she waved and tried her best to hide between Natasha's legs.

Natasha frowned and bent down to the eight-year-old's level. "What's the matter sweetheart?" she questioned before she looked back at Pepper. "Sorry, she isn't usually this shy or quiet," she quickly found herself apologising to the woman.

"That's okay," Pepper nodded and smiled understandingly before she stood up and followed suit to crouch down to the eight-year-old's height. "Hey Amelia, you don't have to be scared here," she reassured her as the eight-year-old shyly poked her head around to look at the blonde woman. "Why don't you call me Pepper," she suggested gently.

"O-Okay," Amelia agreed in a whisper as she still continued to hide behind the redheaded woman.

"Hey, what have you got in your backpack?" Pepper wondered as she caught sight of the backpack that Amelia had.