21. You Gotta Be Brave, Kid

"Ouch," Amelia cried out in pain as she woke up, a few feet away from where Fury was. Letting out a whimper, she made her voice known. "Mama," she continued to cry out loud.

Fury, who was only a few feet away, crawled over to her. "Millie? Hey, it's Grandpa Nick. You're going to be okay," he told her softly.

For most people, Nick Fury was not a real people person but for some reason, ever since he met the small child last year she has held a fond spot in his heart and he finds it difficult to ever say no to her at any point.

"Grandpa," Amelia whimpered in fear.

Fury reached forward and carefully scooped the 9-year-old into his arms. "It's okay, you're going to be okay," he told her as Maria spoke into his ear comms. "Stark, you copy that?" he questioned out loud.

"I want my mama," Amelia continued to cry out loud. There was a slight laceration right above her eyebrow, which Fury was sure would be causing her a lot of pain.

"Coulson, initiate a defensive lockdown in the contingent centre. Then get to the armoury," Fury spoke to Coulson through comms as he picked up Amelia and walked with her in his arms. "I've got you, kid. We'll find your mama soon but don't worry, Grandpa Nick has you," he reassured her.

"Amelia?" Natasha called out in a panic.

The last thing that she remembered, they were all in the lab before they were thrown in several directions and her daughter was in there with them. Attempting to move, it was a struggle as her leg was trapped under a very large pipe so she had to try and pull herself full as she grunts throughout the pain.

There was a certain alarm of panic that she didn't know where her daughter was or if she was hurt. Right now, she felt like the worst mama in the world.

"Romanoff?" Fury spoke through the comms in her ear.

Glancing slightly at Bruce who was spazzed out in the corner, "We're okay. Where's my daughter?" she questioned.

"Your daughter is with me, Romanoff." Fury spoke through comms.

Sighing in relief for a brief second, at least her daughter was safe, but she wasn't sure if she was hurt. Glancing again at Bruce, she wasn't sure that she was so safe herself as Bruce struggled to fight and keep his anger in check.

Fury's voice rang through comms again, "Millie has a slight cut on the top of her head. Once it's patched up then she will be as good as new," he told her.

"Okay," Natasha said as she looked at Bruce again who was breathing heavily at the hard land. His eyes were starting to turn green and his face became intense, "We're okay, right?" she mumbled quietly.

Amelia continued to cry quietly in Fury's arm as she felt the blood on her face, "Grandpa, my face is bleeding," she said worriedly.

"I know but it's just a small cut and then you'll be fine," Fury reassured the scared child.

"I just want my mama," Amelia whimpered out loud.

"As soon as you can see her then you can," Fury promised her as he continued to walk through to get to the communications room. "Hey, I know that you're scared now, but I need you to be brave for me. You think you can do that?" he questioned.

Amelia whimpered again and nodded, "Yeah. I can be brave Grandpa Nick," she agreed.

"That's Grandpa's girl," Fury said, smiling fondly at the small child in his arms. "Come on, let's go find Maria and see where we're at," he said as they walked into the comms room.