14

I woke up in a hospital room. I saw Wilbur, I squeezed his to get his attention. He looked over at me. He grabbed the attention of my dad.

"Melody!" I was not that confused. I knew that I passed out in stream. After that I don't know what happened or how I even got here.

"Ms.Valentine, I an Dr.Brown. Do you know how you got here by any chance?"

"No, sir."

"Ok then, I will leave you with your family."

"Melody, you really scared me." Tommy spoke out.

"Tommy, I-"

"Melody, you really scared me! I thought I lost you! You had everyone worried!"

"Tommy, I'm sorry. Everyone I'm sorry."

"Do you know why you passed out?"

"I haven't really eaten. I haven't had a proper sleep in weeks."

"Melody.....You're my only daughter. You can't be doing this stuff to yourself! You know you can relapse into the past!" My father spoke out.

"Melody.....come on. We all trusted you to take care of yourself. Everyone here thought you were better. You didn't take you medicine...that's probably why you've out of it. Can I speak to Melody alone?" I watched as they all nodded then left the room.

I spoke first, " I'm sorry Wilbur, but I don't think we should be together."

"I agree. I do love you but for the sake of your health and all, it would be the best."

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Thank you for sticking with me." With a few tears I managed to say, " I love you William Gold."

"I love you too, Melodia Valentine." Then he left. I stayed calm. It was for the better that we weren't together anymore. It was surely meant to be. Maybe not in this time but some time. Like his famous words, "It was never meant to be."