Hanging Around

Boboiboy sighed as he brushed his bruised cheek, wincing slightly in pain.

Ying hadn't granted him even just a shred of mercy. He swore he saw the light when her palm collided with his face.

For the past few days, he's mostly been sleeping in the infirmary, having his food get delivered by alien helpers — and frankly it was driving him half insane.

They gave him the most stale, boring, shitty dishes ever. He'd down fifty of Fang's horribly sweet carrot donuts before ever eating another plate of infirmary horror ever again.

Which was why he slowly ambled his way into the kitchen, drawing the kitchen knife from it's holder and chopping open Piranha Angkasa, the closest thing they had to fish in space.

He can recall the recipe of the dish he's making as if it was written on the back of it's hand, since it was Yaya's favourite dish (second only to her poisonous cookies.)

Mashing up leaves, he sprinkled them onto the fish, before filling up the bowl with curry.

All of a sudden, Gopal comes crashing through the door, giving the most devious, i'm-so-gonna-cause-
trouble-for-you grin.

"Heeeyyy, Boboiboy," He begins, fluttering his eyelashes the best he can at Boboiboy and sauntering up to him.

Boboiboy sighs. He's been doing that a lot lately.

"No matter how hard you look at me, you aren't going to eat any of this." He deadpans.

He swears he can hear Gopal's heart shatter into a million pieces.

"Aww, come on Boboiboy, why not??" Gopal complains. "It's like the saying goes : Di Mana Ada Kari, Di Situ Gopal Mari!"

Gopal flies into a giggling spree, hands above his head as he moves his hips and head to an Indian rhythm Boboiboy can't be bothered to hear.

"Aku paling suka makan kaaaari ikaaaan-" Before Gopal can go any further with his ridiculous song, Boboiboy slaps a hand over his mouth.

"Don't."

There's this strange habit that both Fang and Gopal have where they burst into song whenever they can like a Disney Princess.

It's like the universe just tries it's best to torture Boboiboy the best it can.

Fang's ear grating lullaby song from when they were kids is still carved into one side of Boboiboy's brain.

Boboiboy pi juan liao...

Oh god don't.

He's glad Yaya and Ying never picked up these habits from his male friends who are pretty much the worst role models ever.

The only time he's ever heard them sing is when they were cheerily singing about how everyone was totally doomed when they were hit by Emotibot's powers.

...In hindsight maybe that's even worse than Fang's Lullaby.

And then to his utter delight, Reverse steps in to save the day.

"What is that smell..?" He wrinkles his nose, before catching sight of Boboiboy & Gopal.

"Morning." Reverse greets, stepping over to Boboiboy.

With Reverse here, Gopal's never going to grow the balls to pester him for anything ever again!

GrahahagaHAA! His gleeful maniac laugh echoes through his head as he throws a look at Gopal that just screams, "try-me!"

Gopal's eyes are wide open. He can feel the utter heartbreak and bitterness from getting betrayed all the way from over here and it's satisfying.

"Smells good." Reverse compliments, sniffing the air.

"Why, thank you! Done with the finest ingredients throughout space and by your Google rated five star chef, Boboiboy!"

Reverse smiles smug against Boboiboy's. "Oh, really? And do you think this so called five star chef can beat me, the ten star emperor of the cooking realm?!" The tone really sounds threatening, but considering how stupid this back and forth banter really is, he's sure neither he nor Gopal is taking Reverse seriously.

"Well, of course!" Boboiboy cries, letting out a chicken screech. "This is war!"

Reverse draws a spatula and clangs it against Boboiboy's kitchen knife, Boboiboy's Curry Piranha long forgotten on the kitchen counter.

Boboiboy's shite at sword fighting, he quickly finds, losing miserably against Reverse's skilled parries.

"No, you're doing it all wrong," Reverse instructs, "You parry this way and strike like this,"

Reverse manouvres his wrist to disarm Boboiboy, sliding his kitchen knife out of his grip.

"Since when did you become a musketeer?" Boboiboy sweatdrops.

"Would you take since I was born for an answer?" Reverse asked, stepping hard onto the knife for it to flip mid air so Reverse could catch it.

"Maybe you should train me," Boboiboy suggests. Reverse's lips curve into a smile.

"That'd be interesting."

Reverse sets the "weapons" back in place, and when Boboiboy turns around to pick up his bowl of food, Gopal's chowing down on it frantically.

"I haven't ate something this good in ages," He groans through a mouthful of fish.

"Hey!" BBB exclaims. "That's my bowl of food!"

"Erk? Ah, sorry lah, Boboiboy. I was just suuuper hungry." Gopal sheepishly apologized.

"Aduhai, Forget the name Gopal, your dad should've named you Gila instead."

"..." Reverse watched in absolute silence. "Ugh, now I have to make it.. Agaaaain!" Boboiboy wailed.

Raising his watch, "Boboiboy Kuasa Tiga,"  and he split into three figures.

Barely holding back tears, he plucked the kitchen knife from Reverse's hands.

Author's Note

Sorry for readers who were fully expecting more plot driven story or drama. I'm building up some fluff and general filler to fill in some gaps in the story before really jumping to the big stuff I've planned.