☆ Part 18 ☆

Days past and everything slowly went back to what it used to be. Sofia went back to being the supportive bestfriend. She still had feelings for julieta, but she kept it to herself this time. She didnt want to ruin anything for her.

She sometimes avoided agustin though, but they were still good friends. She stopped delivering the letters to julieta from agustin and let him do the work.

...

A few years past and the triplets' 21st birthday was coming up.

(Just to clarify. Agustin is 19. Sofia is 20. And felix is 23)

They planned a big party for them. People in town were helping with the decorations. They do this every year for their birthday. Everyone helping, and them having the time to relax and wait for the party to start.

...

"Ill help with the cooking, mama" said julieta. Alma put her hand up.
"No, no. You take the time for yourself. Go find your siblings and relax. We can handle everything else"
"But mama"
"No buts. You should enjoy your time relaxing and not working in the kitchen"

Julieta pouted and gave alma the puppy eyes. "But i like helping out and cooking"
Alma pinched julieta's nose lightly.
"Go and relax"

With that, she shooed her out of the kitchen.

...

"Why put your time on cooking when you can relax with us?" Pepa said
"I just wanted to help"

Pepa looked at bruno and then at julieta.
"Its our birthday, hermana. Why dont you just enjoy the time that mama gave to us to relax"

Julieta looked around and saw someone walking towards them. Pepa nudged her a bit and teased her a little.

"Hey julieta, look. Its your boyfriend" she said and poked julieta.
"He's not my boyfriend... yet" she said and smirked.

Pepa's eyes widened.
"Ooohh go get ya mans julieta" she said and laughed.

Julieta stood up and greeted agustin.
"Hola, agustin. Whatchu got there?"
"Hola, julieta. I got you these. Happy birthday. And happy birthday to you too pepa and bruno"
"Thanks bub" pepa said

Agustin gave julieta a bouquet of sunflowers. She blushed and covered her cheeks with the flowers to hide it from agustin. She saw him also blushing, she coudnt help but smile.

The flowers hid her smile but her eyes shows it all.

"Bye julieta. I have to go now. Bye guys" he waved goodbye and went on his way.

"Wow, julieta. I wish felix had a surprize for me" pepa said and took a flower from the bouquet.
"I wish i had a special someone" bruno said and also took a flower.
"The right girl will come, hermano" pepa said and pat bruno's back.

They both leaned on each other's shoulders and let out a long sigh.

"Come on, guys. Dont be like that. Im sure felix has something going on for you, pepa. And im sure your special someone will come, bruno"

"You only say that to make us feel better" pepa said
"Thats the point"

The two just went silent and watched the view. Julieta rolled her eyes and thought of an idea.

"Ill make you guys some muffins" julieta said.

They turned around and their faces brightened up.

"Really?"
"Yea"
"Lets go"

They went to the kitchen but was stopped by alma.

"Julieta, didnt i tell you to relax. Now out of the kitchen"
"But mama, i was gonna bake some muffins so that these two wont mope around"

Alma stared at them for a bit.

Pepa and bruno made puppy eyes and pulled julieta in. She followed their move. "Please?" They said in unison.

Alma sighed. "Fine"

They hugged alma and went straight to baking.

"What kind of muffins do you guys want?" Julieta asked
"Hmmmm... surprize us" pepa said.
"Add chocolate in it" bruno added.

They helped julieta with preparing and watched her combine everything together.

"I dont think we have chocolate at the moment" julieta said
"No chocolate? Okay..." bruno said in a sad voice.
"God, you act like a kid" pepa said.
"I do not"

They slowly started to argue and julieta noticed the cloud.

"Alright, if you two are gonna fight, then out of the kitchen. I dont want it to rain in here"

They went out and continued their argument outside.
"Hay, these two" julieta said and squeezed the bridge of her nose.

"You look stressed"