Brenda & Zibry

Aisha howled.

Juan leapt to his feet. 'I said, shut it.'

'Stop it, all of you!' Brenda cried, rushing between Juan and Karina before they could get into a fight. She flung her red hair irritably out of her face. 'We've got to be friends here. We've all we've got.'

Juan scoffed. 'I'm not going to be friends with her.'

Karina just laughed. She hadn't budged from the wall, arms still folded, unmoved by Juan's reaction.

'Go back, Juan,' Brenda warned him. She looked at Karina. 'Don't be such a bitch. They're only kids.' She nodded at Aisha and Chloe.

'I'm not that young!' Chloe exclaimed.

Karina laughed. 'Says the virgin!'

'That's it!' cried Juan.

Brenda staggered backwards as Juan pushed her aside to get to Karina, slamming her head and back against the wall. An intense pain rushed up her spine. Vaguely she saw Juan's hand around Karina's throat. Then her knees buckled and the world turned black.

When she roused next, she found herself lying half off, half on one of the beds. She must have fallen over it when she blacked out. She could hear screaming. There was a pulsing red light. She winced at the almighty throb in the back of her head. Tentatively, she reached back to touch it. Her fingers came away red.

With a groan, she tried to move, only for a big hand to gently push her back. Brenda stared wide-eyed up at the alien looking down on her, the same who'd abducted her directly from her quiet street on the outskirts of London. She recalled how she'd raced down the road as he chased her. He'd been so fast. Inhumanly fast.

There were others in the room, too. Several other huge men, obviously arrived to control the situation.

Their deep voices boomed around the room, silencing the screaming, though Karina was shouting for all she was worth: 'Stop touching me! I'll fucking kill you before you touch me!'

Again, Brenda tried to get up. Her position was making her back ache something terrible. But again, he pushed her gently back. He possessed the same yellow eyes as the rest of them. Brenda found it hard to look away as he reached his big hands behind her neck, keeping it stable. Another tall alien assisted him, easing her body onto the floor like she weighed nothing. Brenda winced at the shot of pain but didn't move. She'd worked long enough as a medical receptionist to know that they were wary of a spinal injury.

They were careful as they lifted her up onto some kind of stretcher and carried her out. The last thing she saw was Karina staring at her from across the room, her eyes wide with fright, her cheeks flushed, as two aliens towered threateningly over her.

A tear rolled down Brenda's cheek as she gazed up at the metal ceiling. It was curved and a deep green colour and covered in numerous small lights which together emitted a gentle glow. The aliens' boots pounded the floor, sounding so heavy. The two aliens were talking with each other. The one at her head sounded angry. The one at her feet sounded like he was trying to calm him.

Gleaming yellow eyes looked down into her own. He'd been terrifying on the street but somehow he didn't seem so terrifying now. Alongside his angry frown, he looked worried. Another tear rolled down her other cheek.

They took her into a room with a white ceiling. It smelled funny. It smelled clean, she thought. Like a hospital. They lowered her onto a table or bench and stood over her, studying her. Careful to keep herself still, she looked back up at them both. They both had the same haunting yellowish eyes, though her abductor's were more orangish than the other's. Staring into them made her skin prickle.