act six; beauties and bruises

"OH, I CAN definitely get used to the scenery here!" Dai Jing gushed, unfazed by the bruised and bloody young men

Xiao Zi sent a message to the palace informing the queen of the fight that occurred in the Hwarang house, cordially requesting her sister's presence. Dai Jing is skilled in medicine and nursing surprisingly and seeing as the capital is pathetically lacking in doctors, though she was sure to leave out that comment in the paper, The princess's expertise could be very useful.

Zhenkai rolled his eyes. "Oh come on, you're here as a physician, not a googly-eyed house servant."

Dai Jing merely trying ignored his comment, as well as his presence, and set out into the grounds. Her bright eyes glimmered with excitement with every bloody battered boy she came across; she set up her tools and medicine in the grand pavilion.

On the other side of the Hwarang grounds, Xiao Zi sat Hansung on a nearby rock and held his soft face in the palm of her hand dabbing away the blood at his busted lip. She had sent a rider to out to summon any local physicians and her sister since most if not all the Hwarangs were seriously battered up. Even Hansung looked like he joined the action from his injuries. She didn't perceive Hansung to be a boy who could throw a punch much less take one, although to be fair his ditzy boyish charm made didn't leave you to think much more. 

She chuckled at the thought of him striking another hwarang, it felt out of character for him.

"Does this  amuse you, your highness?" Hansung said, gesturing to his injuries.

Xiao Zi, though stern-faced, sighed. "I'm just impressed that's all. From your injuries, I can tell you take punches very well."

"Yes, princess, it's not the first time I've been complimented for being a good punching bag," Hansung said turning away somewhat embarrassed.

"And from the looks of your knuckles, you can strike someone just as well." Xiao Zi added, her fingers brushing over his pink swollen knuckles.

Hansung raised his head and fondly smiled at her words. To be praised by such a pretty and wise princess eased his pain. "Thank you, princess."

Xiao Zi waved off his excitement and gently grabbed the young hwarang's arm pulling him closer, subtly taking him by surprise. The crown princess rolled up the sleeves of his robe examining the cut.

The young man fought the urge to shiver under her touch. It was the middle of summer yet her hands were colder than a block of ice on a winter's night. Yet something was refreshing about her touch, the coldness of her hands against the warmth of his skin that gave him a shock of energy that put him wide awake.

"It looks like you may need some stitches. Luckily for you, my sister should've already arrived, she is very skilled with a thread and needle." Xiao Zi said, letting go of Hansung's arm.