act four; long time no see

THE EVENTS THAT UNRAVELED over the course of a few days had completely shook Hansung

THE EVENTS THAT UNRAVELED over the course of a few days had completely shook Hansung. Between almost being jailed by the queen's guard and forced into becoming a Hwarang, his late night encounter with the beauty for most would be close to nothing compared, but not for him.

Of course, that didn't keep his mind from lingering to the mysterious beauty here and there, engulfing his curiosity. The sun patiently rose from its horizon while the morning dew lingered throughout Silla.

Somehow up bright and early, Hansung was packed and dressed for the Hwarang's Parade that would welcome the poet warriors to the people of Silla. Then the inaugural speech given by the queen herself at the Hwarang House.

Things are certainly changing, Hansung cheekily thought.

His eyes fixated on the bowl of soup left by the servants. No doubt he was hungry, however, his taste buds craved for something juicy, sour yet sweet. Tangerines.

A loud commotion from outside Hansung's quarters before his doors barged open, incoming Dan-Sae. "Hansung you have to see this,"

"What?"

"The rumors were true, the Han Princesses, they're here!"

Both boys left dust in their path as they dashed for the streets crowded with many curious bodies.

A path cleared within the streets of Silla for a large carriage, surrounded by heavily armed warriors. The crowd watched in awe while the foreign carriage moved through the streets as they themselves were under the calculating view of the Han Guard.

Hansung's world was closed off to the whispers of crowd, or even the view of the intense guard, he focused on the ray of sunlight hitting the carriage. This light allowed him to capture a gaze of the silhouette of the figures within.

There they were, tangerine princesses.

\~0~/

It almost seemed surreal to the princesses. Days of planning or secret messages led up to this moment, Xiao Zi and Dai Jing strutting their fine gowns as they prepare to face those at the palace.

Xiao Zi silently observed the Shadows of the guard could be seen from the carriage window as a caged animal would.

"Can you believe it?"

Xiao Zi directed her gaze to her sister, who was laid back fanning herself.

"A couple days ago we were staying at a small inn. No maids, no guards, no royal bastards we need to impress. We got to live the commoners life."

"You must've hated it."

Dai Jing pondered for a moment before shaking her head. "I don't know how commoners do it."