act two; after the storm

XIAO ZI CHOKED UP SEAWATER as she woke from her consciousness

XIAO ZI CHOKED UP SEAWATER as she woke from her consciousness. She rolled to her side, her body aching in bruises and soreness from the night before.  The wails of pelicans and the cascading heat did not take lightly to her. As the crown princess found her breath able to take in the nausea of the sea, she feel over at the horrid sight beside her.

Before her was a limp body of a maid. The linens around her torso was stained with dark pools of red and impaled within her stomach was a large shard of wood. Xiao Zi recognized the girl, she was the child who had led Dai Jing and Her to the escape boat. She held a blank stare off into the skies, her blue lips parted.

The princess could feel herself tremble as she shook the body. She cursed under her breath as tears slowly ran down her cheek. Although she very likely played no part in her death, Xiao Zi somehow felt the guilt that came with it.

"You have served us well."

She sat herself upright bowing after the girl closing her eyes to rest.

"XIAO ZI?! XIAO Zi! Xiao Zi answer me for God's sake, my voice is going hoarse!!!" The wails of Dai Jing cut through the somber air.

Immediately Xiao Zi wiped away any signs of wetness on her face.

The second princess wandered the beach until her sight was set on her sister's being. Elated to have found her sister Dai Jing ran to the scene only to release a banshee like shriek. She pulled Xiao Zi close.

She shuddered as she spoke, "S-sister that's a dead body?! A-a real dead body! Oh god there is something in her stomach, I'm going to be sick, oh my god!"

The last princesses heard a presence approach them.

"By the Jade Emperor I've finally found you both!" Zhenkai rushed to the girls taking them in his arms.

He peeped over both of their heads to see the source of their distress. He sighed before starting, "Come on, nothing we can do for her now."

A very distraught Xiao Zi took one last glance over her shoulder as she and her sister were led away from the scene by the leading male.

\^0^/

In their time, the three and their people recuperated at the sight of the crash. They gathered whatever was of value and whatever was in need; from golds and clothing, to food and medicine, anything that was found was welcomed.

All able-bodied men joined ZhenKai in the scavenge for supplies, while the girls stayed behind and tended to the hurt. Xiao Zi had little to no knowledge on medicine or it's practices, but luckily from the experiences of getting cuts and scraps as a child, she knew how to at least disinfect and wrap a bandage. However, much to her surprise, Dai Jing knew her way around the medical arts as she used sewing needles to stick up any gashes and deep cuts and treating patients with herbal antibiotics.