act three; sweet nothings

HANSUNG AND HIS BROTHER, DAN-SAE, stood across from each other in the family house's courtyard

HANSUNG AND HIS BROTHER, DAN-SAE, stood across from each other in the family house's courtyard. Beckoned by their father, the old man walked upon the porch taking a seat in his grand chair keeping his empty stone eyes on his youngest child.

Dan-sae clenched his fists and gathered his fighting stance, never dropping his scolding eyes from his brother.

Hansung wanted to throw up.

He could feel his whole being tremble, but none the less he unsurely raise his fists. The lump in his throat was fiercely growing heavier along with the gazes of both his brother and father. It was times like this where the usually happy young man wanted to be anyone but himself.

The old man leaned back in his seat and waved his hand. Without another second both boys charged at each other.

Hangsung swung his fists hoping to land a punch to no avail as his brother dodged every swing. Dan-sae continued to block and dodge every one of Han Sung's attacks, closing in on the boy before taking his strike.

The older bother threw a hard blow to the younger's stomach. Hansung choked up, desperately gasping for a breath before Dan-sae pushed him to the ground.

"Fight damn it."

Hansung could hear his brother angrily murmured but he couldn't follow through. His limbs were drained of energy and his breathing was unhinged.

He was defeated.

A creak was heard from their father slowly rising from his seat. The old man ascended down from the porch to the courtyard grounds, stroking his beard. Once again the youngest could feel that lump in his throat deciding to keep his eyes glued to the ground.

Much to his dismay Hansung watched his father's feet walk up to both him and his brother. Finally swallowing that lump, he draged his eyes up to his father.

The old man looked down upon his son with his eyes narrowing down upon him. His stare conveyed such instence and suppressed irritance it made the young boy shift his gaze away, in fear of his father seeing him tear up. Watching his father shift towards him, Dan-sae tried his best to keep his head high.

"You insolent child,"

Then the world spun for the half-breed as his father's backhand whipped him across the face.

"I have asked to make use of your useless existence and prepare this child for carring on our true bone blood line. How can he do that when he's so— frail and empty-headed? Tell me, how?" He continued to repeat himself, still beating down upon the half-breed.

Hansung watched in horror, as Dan-sae hung his head low taking all the hits. The youngest crawled up now catching the wind back in his lungs. He swiftly caught his father's arm before he could strike his brother any more.