8. visitation hours are over

CAITLIN

The next morning, after we slept together again on Lia's bed, we were woken up by the doorbell ringing in our ears, making us both jump out of the bed. We get dressed in a heartbeat, confused as of who it would be, before Lia rushes to the door to open it.

Immediately, I hear screams and laughs: fuck. fuck. fuck.

"Cait!" Beth exclaims when she sees me come into the living room.

I welcome her with a smile on my face, not tributary of the internal gay panic I was experiencing: indeed, Beth wasn't on her own. Daan, Leah and Jordan were here as well, visibly very happy to see us both, with loads of food in their arms. 

Lia throws me a quick glance, before she turns to our teammates and asks:

"What are you doing here? Aren't we supposed to stay at home?"

Leah smirks. 

"We were bored and thought it would be funny to just come over here!" she explains, a big smile on her lips, before putting forward the weird-looking little cakes she made proudly, adding: "So, we brought food and our good mood!"

"Plus, we needed to see with our eyes how the roommate thing is looking for you two!" Jordan adds, smirking. 

I see Lia tensing up a bit, as she says:

"Well, we didn't kill each other yet, so... I guess it's a good sign?"

We definitely killed each other with pleasure last night, but well..., I think to myself, before getting snapped out of my transe by Daan directly addressing me when she asks: 

"You still stand Lia?" 

I nod.

"Yeah, she's alright... and definitely not the worst roommate ever..." I respond, before playfully winking at Lia, who cracks a smile, but remains very tensed. 

Once everybody is settled down on the couch - yes, the same we had sex the night prior, which flashed a ton of memories back into my mind... - Lia just brings in appetizers and orange juice, before sitting down across from me. The whole time, even during the conversations, I couldn't help but glance at her from time to time and, sometimes, she would do the same, as we both would crack a smile and look away shyly. I know she didn't want for our teammates to find out about us just yet - hell, we don't even know what we are, except that we like each other pretty obviously - so I try to be as subtle as I could. 

Only, that one time, Leah caught me staring at Lia for a bit too long with eyes that were too soft and, when our eyes meet, she just raises one eyebrow, definitely knowing what was going on - on my side at least. 

Obviously, as soon as I go to the kitchen to refuel the appetizers, Leah follows me in, nonchalantly leaning against the wall, looking at me with her smart-ass face. Setting my jaw, I just pretend as if nothing was going on. 

Also obviously, she wouldn't let go that easily:

"Sooooo.... somebody's got soft eyes for the Swissy, uh?"

I frown.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I lie, setting my jaw.

"Oh, come on, Caitlin" the Brit says in a thick London accent, staring right into my eyes, "you and I both know how gay stuff work, so just admit it already: you like her."

Taking a few seconds to think about that, I just say in a low voice:

"Yes, I like her. But nothing's going on - she doesn't know that I do, okay?"

Leah loses her smile, and when she takes a few steps closer, she hisses:

"Let me get this straight: we all love Lia very much here at Arsenal, and she's been through a lot since her breakup... if you mess with her, play with her or hurt her, just know that we won't be as welcoming as we have been so far."

Damn, no wonder she's team captain.

"My feelings are pure, and I have no intention of playing" I assure her, setting my jaw.

"There's no problem, then" Leah just concedes, before tapping my shoulder and walking back to the living room.

I follow her footsteps, and as soon as I sit back down, Lia knows something is up.

***

LIA

I close the door behind the last teammates that were here, before turning around and face Caitlin, who has been awfully quiet this afternoon - I could've thought it was because she was shy with people didn't know, but I know better. 

Therefore, when I turn around and see her washing the dishes, I immediately go straight to the point: 

"What did Leah tell you ? In the kitchen, before?"

Caitlin looks up at me, frowning, before answering honestly:

"Let's say she is quite the perceptive one : she saw me looking at you, so she made it clear to me that you were not one to mess with."

I sigh.

"I'm sorry, she can be a bit... intense."

"Nah, I get it" Caitlin lets out, smirking, "she doesn't know me yet. I just hope you do, and that you know I am not playing around: I never do... (she gestures in between us) this. Usually, I mean... I am not one to just sleep with people..."

"O-okay, good to know" I stammer, willing to throw a pie in my own face. 

As soon as those words left my mouth, Caitlin just takes a few steps close, before putting her hands on my waist and pulling me a bit closer. Our bodies touch, illuminating the memories from one of the best night of my life, as the height difference forces me to look up in order to catch eyes with her.

She cracks a smile, before whispering:

"... and something tell me you ain't playing either, so I might as well do what I've been willing to do all day..."

Before I can say anything, she leans in and kisses me softly, as I immediately respond by wrapping my arms around her neck, while she tightens her embrace. We kiss slowly and passionately, enjoying the warmth that the other would offer, while getting carried away by the fuzzy feeling growing inside our chests.

When Caitlin suddenly breaks the kiss, however, I open my eyes and realize hers were set on the window overlooking the courtyard, where Leah and Jordan were standing, their mouths wide open. 

Shit.