Chapter 1: A Normal Day

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or people of that world, I just own Lucas Potter.

Thoughts

'Parseltongue'

Harry Potter sat on his bed in the attic, reading a book. It was his birthday today, but no one cared. Outside everyone was singing "Happy Birthday" to Lucas Potter, the now 6 year old Boy-Who-Lived. He scowled. There were his parents and Lucas, the perfect family. He was alone here, and he was used to it.

When he was little, he would ask for attention too, only to be shoved back and be told Lucas was more important. He learned to stay away from the 'perfect family', and not appear to better than Lucas. His parents would punish him with no food if that happened.

So he sat, biding his time. On their fifth birthday, Albus Dumbledore came to their house. Harry didn't like the man much. He sensed the man worked for the Light, but Dumbledore always meddled in their family. He started training Lucas in wizard magic, but would not teach Harry no matter how much he begged. 

Harry started reading up in the Potter mansion library about magic. Nobody but he and the elves knew how much more powerful than Lucas he was. The celebrated accidental magic that Luke supposedly perfomed? All Harry, though he was the only one who knew. He gave up a long time ago trying to tell everyone else.

He stared at the floor. He had learned up to third year curriculum in spells, and he had just started fourth year. What else could he do? He went to the library burying himself in his books again. Just as he was getting into it, though, he heard a voice, along with screams. He looked up to find an odd creature. It looked like a snake with wings. 

'Help me master, some humans are looking for me!' Harry, shocked but still able to make himself move, grabbed the creature and dropped him off into the library. He ran back just as the search party asked "Have you seen a snake with wings, kid? We're going to kill it for interrupting the Boy-Who-Lived's birthday party."

Harry swallowed and put on a mask. "Y-Y-Yes, sirs, it went around the end of the corridor!" He pointed, trying to look like he was scared. It worked, and they ran off without a second glance. He glanced at the hallway. Empty. Now he could go talk to the... uh... whatever-it was.

Please comment and tell me how I'm doing! -Fanfiction4evernever