Chapter 9: Training

Harry: Ooh, you're going to get it now! *Smirks evilly*

Me: Why you - *notices mob of angry fans* uh... we'll do this later.

Harry: Ah ah ah! You forgot the disclaimer!

Me: *sulks* Fine. I don't own Harry Potter, or the characters/cast involved.

Harry: Good. Now, there's one more thing you forgot. *points gleefully at mob, passes them tomatoes*

Me: Ah! *runs for her life*

Parseltongue

Thoughts

#Gobbledegook#

"Speaking"

//Beast Speak// (A common animal tongue, like today's English)

Okay, a quick note: I'm going to do little shorts of classes you should know about, or end up weird or funny. That's all this chapter will be!

Oh: one more thing. Harry's 7.

-----------------------------------------

Animagus Meditation...

Harry sat on a mat in his meditation corner of the trunk, concentrating. He was finding his inner self, where his Animagus forms awaited. Harry didn't need the Animagus potion, as he was a natural occlumens and could simply access his mindscape to see them. The theory was that powerful people had more than one form, and your animals represented you.

Harry's mind...

"Wow!" he gasped as he studied his mindscape. He had landed inside a tall wall, a dome enclosing his mind from outsiders but protected a lush, green valley with his memories as books in a library building, which was guarded by... what looked like at least 15 animals. He had a group of four animals: a griffin, a basilisk, a pure golden eagle, and a badger with sharp claws. Must be from the founders, he thought. Next, he passed an owl, a shadow wolf, a unicorn, a dragon, and a phoenix. (The phoenix was at the front, being his prominent animal.) The phoenix was a beautiful black and silver, with piercing green and silver eyes, with a dark blue underbelly. Probably these are my magical animals, was his only comment, as he was drawn to the phoenix. With an effort, he tore himself away to the animals commonly found in the muggle world. There was a peregrine falcon, a lion, a dolphin, a snow lynx, and a chameleon. The chameleon must represent my metamorphagus, and the rest were for when he mastered the elements. He nodded to them in thanks for protecting his mindscape, when he was surprised by the phoenix projecting its thoughts to him. We are all your animagus forms. I am your prominent, but the owl and shadow wolf were with you in the beginning too. You must practice slowly, for even though you do not need a potion to see your forms, animagus transformation is hard. Start small, and we await your next visit.

Harry pulled out of his mind and grabbed a sketchbook, quickly drawing the phoenix and shadow wolf as he remembered them. Those would be the forms he started with, and he would progress later.

-----------------------------------------

A few days later...

"YES!!" Harry screamed as he got a few feathers to grow on his arm. "Wait... Now how do I get them off?"

-----------------------------------------

A month later...

A silver flash blinded Nicholas and Perenelle for a second before revealing a small black phoenix with a few feathers missing. Now all I need to do for this form is learn how to flash away, he projected to the people who he had come to love as his parents.

-----------------------------------------

Forest Exploration...

"Huh," Harry commented as he pushed aside some vines, "I think we're lost, Fili." Sora had decided to stay behind this time to explore the greenhouses and gardens.

Well, it's a perfect time to practice beast speak and ask for directions back then, Fili hissed back at him. Harry merely grinned, and said, All right, I'll ask the first creature we see.

It turned out to be a cockatrice (a rooster with a dragon body that also has a glance that can petrify.) Fortunately for them, it had been humming to itself about how beautiful it was, and Fili was able to smell the creature with a proper warning. They covered their eyes just as it skipped into view.

//Hello, what are you? Aren't I pretty? Come on, take a look!// Harry immediately conjured thick blindfolds upon himself and Fili, as he knew the legends of the cockatrice. How to beat it, how to... aha! Mirror!

In times of danger, people are able to do remarkable things. Mothers have lifted cars to get to their babies, and others have also performed inhuman acts when a loved one is at peril. In Harry's case, it was both, and so instinct took over. //Well, you are very beautiful, but I have something better!//

Not to be outdone, the cockatrice asked, //What?// Harry smirked. //Come see.// Behind his back, he transfigured his wand-staff into a mirror in a burst of wandless magic, and then shoved it in front of him. He turned away as he heard the horrified screeching of the cockatrice (which sounded like nails in a chalkboard) and sighed with relief in tandem with Fili, taking the blindfolds off. Sora crashed through the branches a minute later, panting heavily. What were you two thinking?! she projected angrily. You had me very worried! Well, come on, she said, deflating, I'll lead you two eggbrains home. Ignoring their sounds of protest, she soared off gracefully, leaving them to follow.

-------------------------------------------------

Charms...

Harry sat down with Nicholas in a room that had been quickly converted into a classroom.

"Glad to see you here and not late, Harry," Nick's eyes glinted, obviously amused.

"Yes," Harry grunted, "thanks to Sora, she just about - hey! Did you put her up to that?"

Nicholas couldn't hold it in anymore. He rolled onto the floor laughing at Harry, who was rubbing his bottom and glaring at him, which only made the alchemist laugh more. After a good five minutes, he wiped the tears of mirth away from his eyes and got up. "Today you will be doing a Banishing Charm. Flick your wand like this," he motioned, "for the staff just envision the object flying away from you. If you can get yourself to be disgusted by it, that may also help to make it go flying away. Magic is connected with your emotions, remember that."

The young mage flicked his dueling wand, already thinking about happy, bubbly things. He didn't notice it, but slowly everything in the room began to rise, faster and faster till - clunk! They hit the roof, and immediately fell back down as Harry opened his eyes in surprise. Nicholas, still floating, fell to the floor with a thump, obviously unprepared. Harry stared, and it was his turn to laugh as Nick rubbed his bottom. "Well..." Nick glared at a still laughing Harry, "I guess we can move on."

-----------------------------------------

Right before Harry's 11th Birthday...

"You've done well son." A hand made its way to the shoulder of a proud young man, beaming as he started the advanced material.

Together father and son watched as a barn owl flew in with a parchment letter, and both knew what it was. The Hogwarts letter had arrived.

Hey guys! Two more chapters until Hogwarts! It's coming, soon! Bye!