Chapter 7: A New Life

*Hides behind Harry* Don't kill me!! Ah!!! Not my fault! Blame my afterschool instructor who decided that we had to ration computers for two weeks! Harryyyyyyyyy!! Help!

Harry: Fine. I hate you, ya know? She doesn't own Harry Potter.

Me: Thank you thank you thank y—- ah! Hide! *scrambles back behind Harry*

Continuing on...

—————————————————————————————————————————

Nicholas accompanied Harry for the rest of his shopping, the bulk being done in Flourish and Blotts, as well as Borgin and Burkes: books on occlumency, natural occlumency, legilmency, shadow powers, elemental powers, basic spellwork, basic runes, magical creatures, transfiguration, potions, alchemy, things the ministry doen't want you to know about, greatest wizards of our time, dueling, animagi, reading auras, and almost everything. When the manager saw the books, he paled (Harry must have had over 300 books on basically everything.) He simply said, "I'll take 3,000 galleons for the lot."

NIcholas stayed Harry's hand and frowned. "2,000 galleons."

The clerk thought, and said, "2,500 galleons is my final offer."

"Very well," and they had the books stuffed into an extended bag for now, until they could flame in to his library.

After that, Gringotts was their last stop, where Nicholas asked for them to allow one thing.

"Do you have a pensieve?" Harry glanced at Mr. Flamel, whose face was worried. "I have something that I need checked." Here he glanced at Harry, and said gently, "Can I extract a memory from you? I can't take it without your permission."

"Which one?" Harry asked.

"The one from the night of the attack. I need to confirm something."

Harry inhaled sharply, then nodded. *Memory from Prologue plays*

Everyone who had watched it, except Harry, was in shock. Harry smiled softly. "I have an almost photographic memory. It comes with being a natural occlumens."

"Wha - Bu - How??? You know what this means, right?"

"Yes, and I implore you to keep it a secret. It would not do to have this knowledge out in the open. I know I am the true boy-who-lived. Now, I have a better family and I train and learn."

Harry, seeing that nothing else was there to be said, retrieved his trunk, organized the supplies in the right place, and came out with Sora on one shoulder and Fili wrapped around his waist under his cloak. He grabbed Nicholas's arm, and they Apparated away with a crack.