Chapter 6: A Falling Out of Sorts

Harry woke up rudely to the sound of his parents screaming at him. "Harry James Potter, what did you do to the birthday party! And where did you find that slimy snake!"

Harry was utterly confused. "What..."

Lily wasn't having any of that, though. "Why did you set a snake on your brother?! Just because he is famous and you aren't doesn't mean you get jealous."

For a minute, Harry was relieved that they didn't find Fili. Then he realized what they were accusing him of. Harry saw red. "How dare you! How dare you think I set a snake on Lucas! Oh, I'm sorry, were you talking to me? I don't even live in this house! That's it, I'm leaving!" and saying so, took the portkey into his trunk (which was hidden, so it gave Harry time to clear out his belongings). He could hear his parents yelling at empty space for a few seconds, the silence, then furious door slamming. He could hear Lucas's yells for attention, and he sighed. He was safe for now. Moving quickly, he cleared out a big portion of the library and hid it with other useless books, cleared his room of all his personal possessions, and stocked his empty fridge with some of the goodies that his parents his bought to spoil their little Lucas Potter. He was done in less than half an hour, and he asked Sora to flash him out to Gringotts.

The goblins looked up, surprised, as a bedraggled six-year old with piercing green eyes, tear tracks running down his red face, and a white phoenix singing softly to him staggered in. Well, this would go on their list of Most Dramatic Entrances. In fact, it might just go to spot #1 with the massive power surge that blasted through their wards, scattering paperwork and goblins alike. The kid just made his way over and burst into Ragnok's office. Nobody bursts into Ragnok's office, they all thought, and were slightly worried for the kid. When they both came out with Ragnok holding him, looking slightly uncomfortable as he was gripped by a sobbing child. This kid would need his own award for that...

Back to the more important people and not Top Ten Lists of Most Dramatic Entrances....

Harry was thanking Ragnok all over again for his kindness. It was decided that Harry would finish his shopping with a credit card and bag linked to his trust vault, and Ragnok would give him space here and a bed for a night until he could finish the trunk and sleep in there.

Harry first went to a muggle store, changing his appearance to a thirty-year-old man and buying state-of-the art kitchen supplies, classy furniture, and all the things that a master suite would need, including a bed, pillows, blankets, soap, towels, and other things. He then went to a muggle clothing store, asking the store manager for help shopping with clothes. His story was that his parents died in a fire and the orphanage gave him enough from life insurance to pay for a full wardrobe. Needless to say, the woman gushed all over him before measuring and trying endless clothes on him. After an hour, Harry was thoroughly done with trying on clothes but had a good wardrobe. Harry took another portkey to Diagon Alley, where he stopped in the apothecary for potions supply. Entering the nearly deserted shop (and changing his features with Metamorphagic powers), he noticed a man behind the counter.

"I'd like to purchase a potions starter kit for my nephew and a full kit and pewter, silver, and gold cauldrons. I would also like the specialized knives and dicers please."

The man shuffled toward the storeroom, leaving Harry to look around. He noticed an old man shuffling around, and Harry used his Mage-sight to see that he was...

Harry was excited. Now he could kill two - no, three, no - well, a lot of birds with one stone!! Err... talk. Right. Back to the story...

... he was Nicholas Flamel, renowned alchemist and master in many other things. "Excuse me sir, but I was wondering if you could help me?"

The man turned on a dime. "Well met, Mr. Potter. What could I offer you? Surely you are well-trained with your brother being famous. I can already see wonderful glamour skills." (A/N: Mr. Flamel only had time to read the name with his special skills. Any other abilities would take a little longer, and he needs to talk.)

Harry smiled sadly. "No, Mr. Flamel, I trained myself. I was the twin nobody ever noticed at all. I had a falling-out with my parents recently, and I am self-sufficient with an expanded trunk."

Nicholas Flamel was touched. He had always wanted a son, and here was proof. Wait... was that a glimmer of knowing? "You were going to approach me anyway," he stated.

The little six-year old-who looked-thirty smiled. "Yes, I was going to. You see, I have heard from several sources you are trustworthy: the goblins, my phoenix... That reminds me!" he continued at Nicholas Flamel's stunned expression. "I do not think you should trust Albus Dumbledore. He may have been good, but Sora can sense unnatural magic. He has bound a phoenix to himself after it tried to leave. Be careful. Now, can you teach me alchemy and other stuff too please please PLEASE!!!"

The most renowned alchemist in the world, creator of a stone of immortality, gave in to Harry's puppy dog eyes.

"Oh, all right. You can come over to my place too, you know. Perenelle and I would be delighted to have a son."

"Thank you, Mr. Flamel, thank you!" Harry launched himself into the older man's arms, tears streaming down his face.

"Ahem." the two spun around. The man looked distinctly uncomfortable. "I have your orders ready, sirs. I will be, uh..." he backed away quickly, then turned tail and ran.

Harry and Nicholas looked at each other, then shrugged and said in unison, "Whatever."