Chapter 8: Home is Where the Heart Is

Me: Harry, do the disclaimer.

Harry: Me? Na-ah. You made me do it last chapter, I'm not doing it again.

Me: But Harry -

Harry: No! No means no! *Sets Fili and Sora on me*

Me: AHHH!!! Fine! Ow! *gets pecked* I don't own Harry *ow!!!* Potter, or any of the characters. HARRY I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!

Parseltongue

#Gobbledegook#

Thoughts

"Normal speaking"

Harry stumbled as they landed a bit off the ground. "Sorry," Nicholas said apologetically, "I forgot to count your height too."

Harry didn't reply, as he was speechless. A broad mansion glowed with lights, contrasting sharply against the night sky. It looked sort of like a castle, with turrets and towers, and yet it had a swimming pool, a golf course, a Quidditch field, stables, greenhouses, a forest with many magical creatures, and a large gazebo that was waterproofed.

The alchemist chuckled. "Yes, it is quite a sight for a first timer. Come, come! Perenelle is waiting inside, and she has always wanted a son." Almost in a daze, Harry followed into the house, upon which he was ambushed by a pair of strong arms and the smell of cinnamon. This must be Perenelle, the young six year-old thought. Is this what hugs feel like?

Harry was brought sharply out of his musings by a laugh, and a reprimand from Nicholas to Perenelle. "Well dear, you'll have to use a guest room for now, since Nicholas sent a rather unexpected message only two hours ago. You can customize it later. Since you want to be apprenticed as well, I'll have Nicholas come up with a schedule, and we'll see how it goes. You will probably have to wait a year before we start with anything too exerting. Your room is in the west wing, second door on the left."

Harry thanked her and made his way up, not in the least surprised to see his trunk waiting for him. He fed Sora and Fili, then slept peacefully, dreaming of finally having a family.

-----------------------------------------

I year later...

Harry was well settled in. He learned normal subjects at twice the pace of a Hogwarts students, and he was in sixth year in theory. He also did the muggle curriculum too, staying just a year ahead of his age. He was starting to develop muscles from the exercises that he did, and he was able to hold his own in karate up to a brown belt. He saw Nicholas and Perenelle as his parents, and affectionately called them Mum and Dad. He ran inside, he could hear them calling. He skidded around the corner, wondering why they had called him so abruptly.

He stopped upon the sight of Ragnok and Gornuk conversing with his parents.

"Harry, please come over. We were discussing if you would, well - " Nicholas licked his lips nervously. "If you would really like to become part of the family, we are going to blood adopt you, and make you our heir officially."

Harry started. And started. Just when they thought he had gone into shock, he jumped into their arms and said, "Yes! Please! I'd love it!" Perenelle hugged him, wiped away his tears, and said to the goblins, "Proceed. You know what to do."