Chapter 19 - Friendship

The school bell tolled and that means, class is going to start soon. I listened to what Narcissa said the other day, to not care what the people are saying. I avoided it all, I was laughing and making jokes again with the gang in The Great Hall.
"I swear, I wasn't thinking much about it when all that happened. My mother came here to talk to Dumbledore about it." Draco said, mentioning the day his mom came.
"I bet she was shocked, to know that her son is even capable of achieving something for the class." I joked. He laughed and threw his food at me which luckily I avoided, and it hit the Hufflepuff student. She turned around and gave Draco a disgusted look.
"Oh I think she likes you Draco." Blaise said. Draco stared at the girl and told her to mind her business. I laughed but of course feel bad for her. So when she walked out the hall, I caught up with her and gave her a napkin.
"Here, sorry about Draco." I smiled and then left.
"Thank you y/n" she yelled. I lifted my hand, and joined the gang back again as they walked out the hall, heading towards class.
"You're too good of a Slytherin y/n" Pansy said, whispering. Draco and Blaise were in front of us, I acted clueless.
"I don't know what you're talking about Pans."
"You gave the girl a napkin." she replied.
"Yeah so? It doesn't hurt to be nice. Plus, what if she also deals with the same thing like I had the other day? Just-" I got cut off when Blaise interfered with our conversation.
"What are you two ladies talking about?"
"Nothing. Just go to class." Pansy directed him. Blaise raised his hands and walked away with Draco. Pansy then joins in, while I go to the only class where I could be with Hermione and Ginny.

I sat down, and put my bags to the side of my seat and my books on the table. As I was getting ready with my notebook and quill, the girls were staring at me worriedly.
"Um, are you two okay?" I asked them while adjusting myself into my seat.
"No, are you okay? we heard what happened. I mean, are you doing fine now?" Hermione questioned me, and I just sat there laughing it off.
"I'm fine, totally fine." I chuckled.
"Are you sure y/n?" Ginny then asked, after awhile, the boys started to join in worrying, and concerned about me.
"I'm sorry, it's my fault that you fell." Harry apologized.
"Oh goodness, you guys, stop it. I am okay. And yes Harry, it's your fault." I said. Harry looked offended and taken aback. I laughed,
"Geez, it's a joke. It's alright. Not your fault, to be honest, I wasn't really looking at where I was walking." I lift my shoulders. We chatted for a few minutes before Professor Flitwick enters the class,
"Good morning class." he said.
He began teaching us, one thing right after another and we wrote notes on the important things mentioned, obviously the boys were occupied with sharing notes. Hermione kept looking at them, giving a slightly death stare, showing disapproval of their behavior.
"Oh look at Ron, he's all flustered. Did you gave him a death stare or a love stare? Hermione?" Ginny and I giggled. Hermione rolled her eyes at us but also smiling at the same time.
"I think she did gave both stare" Ginny added. After the class, they invited me to go to Hagrid's hut for some chat.
"I, don't know. I'll think about it. If I agree, we'll meet there?" I said with a bit of reluctance.
"Yeah sure. We'll meet you there. But hey listen, if you can't, it's alright. I understand, with Draco and all. We get it." Harry said while raising his falling bag to his shoulder.
"Thanks guys, I'll see you. Well, we'll see how."

In the Slytherin common room, the gang were sitting on the sofa, looking a rather bit annoyed.
"Whoa, hey guys? What's, going on? Why are you three have the same look, like irritated at someone?" I said trying to start up a talk. Draco stood up, he marched at right me.
"Were you planning on going somewhere?" he asked me.
"Um, no. Not really, why?" I looked at him confused.
"Are you sure? weren't you, just a minute ago, planning on going with that stupid Potter boy and his mudblood friend to that big oaf's hut?"
he raised his voice, making the other students to turned their face. Realizing someone must have told Draco, I got annoyed and walked out the room.
"Oh god. You know what, I don't have time for this shit. I'm going to my room."
"So then, giving a napkin to the Hufflepuff girl is fine too?" he added on, before I could walk away. I turned myself around and looked at Pansy.
"Really? Did you really need to mention that to him?" I scoffed.
"Whatever, yes. I did. And I will tell you why, I get that it's fun to create chaos and stuff like that. But the reason why I gave the napkin to that girl is because I don't her to feel how I felt the other day. You think it's fun to be dealing with panic attacks like that? It's just, it's not wrong to be nice to another person for one day or something." I continued on while looking at them with furrowed brow.
"Maybe you really are not deserving of being a Slytherin. You should have just gone into Ravenclaw like your father, you half-blood." he said as the other students gasped. I scoffed with disbelief, I shook my head and stormed off into my room. 

I collapsed just after slamming the door. Still in shock with what he said, I broke down into tears. I did my breathing technique to keep myself calm.
"Breathe y/n, breathe." I said as I inhale and exhale.
"Just when I thought this day would be great, in come a slap in the face." I wiped the tears off my face, sniffling. I was considering of going to join the golden trio, but I don't want to add fuel to the flame between Draco and I. Even after such shitty things, he still is my friend. I just sat there, hoping to drown myself in tears again as I let out a sigh. I look down to the necklace, and rub it with my thumb,
"Oh Bella, why does your nephew got to be such a jerk sometimes?" I said then gave it a small kiss. I locked myself inside for the rest of the day, missing out on dinner. After a while, I escaped my room and went to the secret place by myself. I sat on the bench, looking up to the sky, sighing. And with Narcissa's book in my hand, I opened it then continued reading where I had left off. Page after page, immersing myself into the story, I feel calm.

"Hey y/n." Draco said as he joins in. I looked back and rolled my eyes at him.
"What do you want, Draco?" I asked as I scoot over. He cleared his throat and sat next to me.
"I'm so sorry, for what I said in the common room. I didn't mean it. I just got caught in the moment that I forgot about one thing that's important." he sighed. I turned and looked at him,
"And what's that?"
"Us. Okay, that sounded corny but what I meant is that, we have done shitty things together. We even went to detention together, well sometimes. What I am really trying to say is that, our friendship is important. You're my best friend, I brought you to meet my family, which I never done because who would want to and also, mainly because I don't want to lose you." a sad look appears on his face as he said that.
"Lose me? What makes you say that?" I wondered, and asked him.
"I don't know, I just thought, the invitation from Potter would mean an invitation for you to leave our friendship." Hearing the words, I laughed a little.
"It's not a laughing matter y/n. For Merlin's sake, I'm trying to make up our relationship here, damn you."
"Okay, okay. It's funny how you think the invitation would have meant, you losing me and our friendship. Even if I went to the hut, it certainly does not mean that I would be joining their gang. I already have one. I'm with you guys." I smiled. He chuckled, and I could see him being calm again.
"Look Draco, I know you don't mean anything bad. We're friends. You are literally the first friend I made at Hogwarts, remember?"
"Oh yeah. I remember. But I really am sorry, I feel like a jerk for calling you half-blood in front of the rest of Slytherin. It slipped my tongue, and I was feeling rage. And Pansy-" I look at him, interested in hearing his next words.
"After we went to the class, she immediately told me. I didn't want to talk about it, because that's just how you are. But shit man, she kept mentioning it every minute she can, in the class." he sighed. I smiled at him and sighed too,
"I don't know why she's so keen on telling you about it. It's just a napkin  for goodness sake. And as much as she is annoying sometimes, she is our friend. I don't care, it hurts but it is what it is."
"Are we cool though? If you're not, I would be feeling so bad and regret it all my life. It would mean losing one of my friends. Losing you, y/n."
"Oh stop with this heartfelt speech. It's fine, I'm okay. We fight and we make up. Forgive and forget." I said then chuckled as I nodded my head. We sat there and talked for few minutes before heading back to the common room. 

*a/n: well, here's an early update. i have a bit of free time so i written this chapter. i hope you enjoy this one, eventhough i don't really know what to do with this chapter. but other than that, i really hope you like it. thanks for all the support, comments, and votes for this book. yall are so amazing, thank you!! take care, stay safe and have a great day or night wherever you might be <33