The Armor of God Part Two

Topic: Why is the Armor of God important?

It is said, the human body can survive two weeks without food but two days without water. 'Water is one of the most important substances on earth because our body uses water in all its cells, organs and tissues to help regulate it temperature and maintain bodily functions. If there is a lack of water in the body, we experience a term called dehydration. Dehydration is a condition caused by the excessive loss of water from the body, which causes a rise in blood sodium levels. Since dehydration is most often caused by excessive sweating, vomiting, or diarrhea, water loss is usually accompanied by a deficiency of electrolytes. If untreated, severe dehydration can lead to shock or death.' The American Heritage (Science Dictionary)

Ephesians 6: 11, 'Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the Devil.'

Waveresttactics.com noted, In order to understand why the Armor of God is important,'we must first realize how effective it is not only as a defense mechanization but it is also utilize as a means to keep us able to fight during spiritual warfare. The Armor of God gives us huge advantages believe it or not the bad guys are better than us... when you put on [the Armor of God] you are giving yourself a fighting chance you go from no chance to a fighting chance, emphasis added.'

Apostle Paul, a disciple of Jesus Christ and a servant of God, declared 'For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against power, against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual host of wickedness in the heavenly places.'

Insomuch, the Armor of God is of great importance just as much as water is valuable to the human body. It is essential to the Christian faith because it is an unbeatable defense and a fighting mechanization against the unseen spiritual forces of wickedness mention in Ephesian 6.

The Armor of God is a intangible spiritual armor, it ensures our safety and safeguards against the attacks of the Evil One and help prevent us from falling into deceptive traps. We live in a world that's not in the original state as when God designed it, it is full of sin and is rule by Satan.

Jessie Penn-Lewis wrote in her book, War on the Saints : '[Satan] is keeping us ignorant about himself and his ways, and about the evil spirits that assist him in his destructive work. It is possible for a Christian, through ignorance, to stand against God, to attack the very truth of God, and to defend the devil.'

Christ followers are living on the devil's ground, and he is seeking to destroy everything that is of God.