Spiritual Weapons against Carnal Thinking! Part 1

2 Corinthians 10: 3-4

3. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh.

4. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty in God for pulling down of strongholds...

The word 'Carnal is derive from the Christian Latin word 'Carnalis' which means- 'Flesh'. It is physical, sexual, worldly desires of the flesh.

To get a deeper understanding of what is carnal, we must first understand the danger of being carnal-minded. According to scriptures, to be 'carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be (Romans 8: 7)'. Why is this? We must understand the physical Man and spirit Man is at constant war. Being Carnal minded is contrary to being Spiritual minded. As Dictionary. com defines 'pertaining to or characterized by the flesh of the body, it passions and appetites; sensual; not spiritual; merely human; temporal; worldly: a man of secular; pleasure and leanings.'

When Satan tempted Jesus, he enticed him with worldly pleasures as the flesh "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread" and the material "Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." But Jesus stood on the simplicity of the scriptures. Therefore Jesus overcame with the power of the scripture.

'In the first two temptation, Jesus used the scripture to overcome Satan's enticements. Now, in the third, Satan does the same and quotes the scripture to test whether Jesus really takes the Word of God. God indeed promised the protection of His Angels, but only within the context of doing His Will, such as in the case of Daniel and his companions'- Sabbath School, Mobile.

We live in a world that is full of sin, and is far away from the original design that God intend it to be. Do not get it mix up, God is above everything. But when Adam and Eve commit the sin of disobedience they rejected the Creator and place Satan as the god of this world. Jesus came to reclaim it unto Himself and those who choose to follow God. This present world is design to be a trap. It is important to 'Walk in the spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh' because 'the flesh lusts against the spirit,' says Apostle Paul.